When you reached your limit?

Well, I haven’t found a way to safely do that yet. I mean, I know we are not there yet, but can’t blame me for trying right?

I’m no stranger to getting stuff amputated, only that I didn’t do it myself.

But I’m I think I will leave it here, was probably thinking out aloud to much.

I don’t know about that. There’s a lot of behind the scenes work, and thankfully cybernetics (in the sense we use it) get some funding from disability-related purposes first. Once they can exceed baseline, we can jump in.

2 Likes

I’d recommend reading more in the forum (unless you’ve already been doing that without being logged in) since 1 hr read time isn’t much…

Things to look into outside of DT:

• https://forum.biohack.me/ and related slack / discord - much more experimental, Grinding and Biohacking - there are some people interested in prosthetics / cybernetics there
  • Pegleg v2(.5) - a data storage / computer implant based on the raspberry pi
  • Northstar / Northstar v2 (not just for the blinkies though) - blinky implant, v2 has more sensors / maybe bluetooth iirc
  • Embedivet - sensor / bio-monitoring implant for cattle, could be a good base for a human one

In terms of some things that DT has done in the past year ish:

• flexMN - magic NTAG chip plus 2 blinkies plus T5577 disk
  • Titan sensing magnet - Titanium encased sensing magnet theoretically capable of lasting a lifetime
  • Preflashed proxmark 3
  • flexMT - magic M1 gen1a + T5577 disk + 2 blinkies
  • Custom 5mm flex installation needle for those who do not have installers capable of performing scalpel installation procedures
  • xSLX NTAG5 / iso15693 implant, which some gun safes etc use
  • xSIID NTAG I2C+ 2k implant + blinky, with a 2nd KB of user accessible storage
  • flexM1 gen1a / gen2 - wedge shaped magic mifare implants
  • flexEM - LF T5577 disk implant
  • DT numbing gel - for when you can’t / don’t want to use injectable lidocaine
  • New contactless payment conversions - including the purewrist in the US
  • flexNExT - (discontinued) NTAG216 + T5577 disk implant with 3 blinkies

As you can see, DT has done a massive amount in just the last year… just imagine what might be coming out in the next year.

And of course, we have the upcoming Apex line. There have also been hints about an NFC readable temperature sensor platform which went so well that they’re looking into more possibilities.

1 Like

This is likely a SmartMX / other javacard secure element which is emulating a DESFire device… this is a similar chip to what the Apex uses.

iirc their actual device isn’t ready. They’re actually local to Australia too.

And all that’s just what we’ve shown you guys.

1 Like

Thanks for the link.
What I seek is the desire to go beyond, I mean, I know where we are now, NFC-chip implants, its cool, but I’m thinking of something more than that.

So I heard… idk, much of what they’ve learned could still probably be useful

Aha, yeah, of course, what is reported is not necessary what’s really in the chip, thanks for the confirmation of the capability of chips in the wild.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a newbie when it comes to embedded NFC technology, but I want to learn.
I feel that I must really.

Sounds pretty easy to me, especially the first 3.

What? maybe 4 days to a week :interrobang:

:wink:

1 Like

I would like to order some injectable lidocaine.

For me, it’s not a number, it’s a matter of functionalities. As in, what useful functionality will I be adding to my body. In the case of RFID / NFC implants, this translates into which readers can I present my implants to, to do what, and how / how conveniently.

I’m a “low count” implantee. I only have 7 implants. I plan to add one more (payment implant) because I don’t have the ability to pay for things with any of my current implants. Other than that, I can’t think of any other transponder / body part to implant it in that would bring a new functionality to improve my life.

What I desperately need is other types of implant: visual projector, brain interface, power enhancement… Those would be massively useful to me - if they weren’t still science fiction. But as a concept, RFID gets old pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Are you planning to restock the pmk at some point? Or had it been replaced by the gel?

tenor (11)

I guess I don’t even know my own inventory… eventually yes.

2 Likes

I’ve noted this product on your page. Also, I noted the “out of stock” note for it.

It’s in my best interest to forgive you, as long as you keep coming up with cool whozits lol

Just wanted to make sure it’s not perma out of stock

2 Likes

Hi, and welcome!
You made me interested, :nerd_face: please tell more about your ideas.
My research is not very extended,

Summary

Manuel Muńez made some research about alternative sensations, also Neil Harbisson has proposed a project about ‘the sense of time’, that consisted of a head band applying pressure in equal time increments on the head. There was the ‘bottle nose’ project that combined ultrasonic sensors on an external device and magnet or other form of haptic feedback. Moon also have haptic devices (currently 2 as far as I know)… oh, and almost forgot the ear magnets, but those are not exactly new thing.

but I’d like to read your thoughts about sensors you’d get implanted.

If I were you I’d tease Amal with step 1 and 4, as of getting the prototype coated and sterilised. He’d might say 'K, depending on the materials of the device :wink:

2 Likes