Where to install?

Hi,

I just got a big bundle of implants and want to consult you guys before installation.
First question is where should I put all of them? Please look at the pics and tell me is it a good idea or should I choose some other placement.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
The magnet in my finger was installed ~3 years ago, it’s some older magnet from DT, not xG3 (but also a lifting magnet). I would like to end up with 3 magnets in one hand to check will it improve sensing the source of the magnetic field. Right now I have one xG3 I’m thinking of installing somewhere near thenar eminence of my left hand. Other left-hand implants I want would be NExT, xLED (HF) and xM1. In my right hand, I want to put VivoKey.

Does this sound like a good plan?
Maybe I should wait with xG3 installation and get some sensing magnets (from where?) instead.
How close to each other can I put the xSeries implants without interference?

Also important thing, I like to shoot a bow. Is it safe to install implants in the webbing between the thumb and index finger if I shoot a bow?

Does this sound like a good plan?

The layout looks good to me and well thought out, are you saving the blade edge for something different? rather than the NExT between metacarpals, just curious, not an issue.

Maybe I should wait with xG3 installation and get some sensing magnets (from where?) instead.

Re. sensing magnets, sorry, I can’t help you there.

How close to each other can I put the xSeries implants without interference?

That’s tricky, it will largely depend on the read range of the reader you are using and your physical approach to it, For safety, 5mm is the MINIMUM distance to prevent / reduce chance of breakage, but for crosstalk / interference you would likely want to get further away with same frequencies ( xM1 and Spark for example), also as you have the xLED and xM1 in close proximity, as you have likely planned, this is where you want both read at the same time. Because Blinky :wink:

Also important thing, I like to shoot a bow. Is it safe to install implants in the webbing between the thumb and index finger if I shoot a bow?

Archery, :bow_and_arrow: not a problem, It sits comfortably under the shelf of the arrow rest, I never even thought about it until you asked the question, I just went and let loose a couple of arrows, and couldn’t even feel it! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the anserws. You put me at ease about the archery :grinning:

Yeah, for being able to slam my fist against the table from time to time :wink:
But seriously I think that blade edge is kinda too much on the outside, to prone to being hit, scratched, squeezed. Maybe it will not damage the implant but it can be uncomfortable (I may be wrong, I just don’t want to risk it and find out just now). I also have to check how Swedish SL tickets and other work with implants, blade edge could be useful for “official” tickets/ID and stuff (easiest place to put against the reader).

I thought so, but maybe there is some kind of “common sense” rule or just collective experience on the topic. For example is putting 2 or 3 implants between metacarpals (between each pair of fingers) a valid idea? How about blade edge and most left (closest) “metacarpals slot”, or thumb/index finger webbing and closest “metacarpals slot”? Anyone tried this?

@JayKey Just an update, from another thread incase you haven’t seen the discussion around magnet implants. Amal has suggested to have a look there