Why ring when you can Y-ring?

What do you guys think of this?
Just popped up on my Kickstarter feed.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1936791793/y-ring?ref=discovery

3 Likes

Meh. My watch can do all of that, streams music, and has a display so I can leave my phone behind while still having access to navigation and the like. I can also use my watch to find my phone and vice versa. Losing the ring, I suspect you’re boned. The price point is interesting.

4 Likes

This reeks of a scam to me. Vague technology mentions. Goofy data screens. Improper description of Bluetooth… China scam China scam China scam… that’s all I see here.

8 Likes

The proliferation of the “health ring” is staggering. I’m wondering how many factory are really making them …

4 Likes

They have a glitzy website now too, with a little more information but I agree, it still looks flashy but unconvincing. In their KS campaign they claimed to be based in the US but it doesn’t take much scratching to get to contacts in Hong Kong and China.

3 Likes

One of the claims is that it tracks your weight. Erm… HOW?!

2 Likes

By having the user manually input the numbers in their app?

7 Likes

As long as it’s not radioactive…

They managed to include something that got my attention, but the hand looks too human for my taste…

3 Likes

Speaking of smart rings, I am really looking forward to see what samsung will come up with. Oura and their subscription model are not my cup of tea

4 Likes

You stand on the ring obviously :wink:

5 Likes

Sleek and classy. It looks like it might do more than just NFC. What does it do?
:sparkles: