WIKI - NFC phone performance

Got a Pixel 6 a few months back and it seems to have the same antenna orientations darthdomo pictured in Oct '21 for the Pixel 6 Pro

I had the Note 20 Ultra and couldn’t read my glassies with the case, without though, I was able to pick them up pretty quick.

My company gave me an iPhone SE and it works well with my xSIID and NExT without the OtterBox. With the OtterBox, it would light up the xSIID but not get a read. I also had to install NFCTools for it to start scanning for tags, there’s no NFC settings, and it doesn’t auto scan without an app. That sucks, because once you scan the xSIID, it stops scanning and the LED doesn’t light up again. I like my android that scans constantly so I can show off the LED better :joy:

I have a Google Pixel 5 and an LG V30, while both work great reading my chip without cases (Spigen Tough and Rugged Armor). Once the cases are on, it’ll light up the LED, but I can’t get them to actually read the implant and perform the function assigned, ie. open a web page. When I take them off, they immediately read the implant.

a couple of options for you to consider

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/improve-your-cellphones-nfc-antenna/15424/4

All of this is true for the Fold 4 as well. From what I can tell it has the exact same positioning/range as on the Fold 3

iPhone 14 Pro can scan chips in roughly the same position as other devices. Because the camera on the back is a lot bigger than a lot of other iPhones, the NFC is better suited to the top edge on the right hand side, when the phone is on its back (so left hand side when in use)

There’s also an antenna cutout on the top. I can’t tell if it’s 5G/other Cell antenna, NFC, or Satellite (because iPhones can do that now :roll_eyes:), or something else, but I sometimes get good reads lining it up with my NeXT implant.

iPhone 14 Pro name in lights

I Updated the list

Which is more of an update than the iPhone got
:wink:

2 Likes

:joy:

… yeah. I mostly own Apple products at this point, mainly because it’s what the rest of my family uses (and you can’t beat the iMessage/iTunes Match/Find My/etc), and that I’m now busy enough with school that I don’t have time to do a lot of futzing with individual settings that aren’t super important. I think this is the first time I’ve had a top-of-the-line phone. My order was:

• 2 dumb phones
  • Some prepaid ZTE android
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 5S
  • iPhone 6S
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone 14 Pro

The yearly incremental updates are dull. Upgrading every 2-3 years is great. And hey, I bet my iPhone will still be getting updates after the S22 is defunct in Samsung’s eyes.

1 Like

Google Pixel 7 pro works

2 Likes

list Updated, thanks

1 Like

NExT works great with my new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra :grin:

6 Likes

Sounds like somebody is showing off with his new fancy dancy phone…

Added
Thanks

6 Likes

Both glass capsule and flex devices read amazingly well on the Asus ZenFone 8 - the NFC coil is small, occupying the space directly to the right of the camera bump.

I’ve not needed to do much special orientation to get good coupling!

1 Like

Added, thanks

I don’t see the pixel 6 (not pro) in the list. It works fine with glassies and an ideal spot is right in between the volume and power buttons, perpendicular to the phone’s edge.

1 Like

I think you may need to get your eyes checked…

I didnt just add it and link to your post above, if thats what you are implying :wink:
Paradoxically, I couldn’t have done that unless you had posted your post for me to link to…

ANYWAY
Added now

I swear I checked and didn’t see it! Either you’re trolling me or my old fashioned fleshy eyes are outdated :joy:

1 Like

When are the xEyes getting released? Probably Soon™, I guess…

3 Likes

Hi everyone
if it is of interest:

I have installed NExT system and xSIID NFC + LED Implant
both work with:

Sansun Z Flip 4
Samsung A40
Samsung A52

2 Likes

Added all thanks

1 Like