WIKI - NFC phone performance

:joy:

… yeah. I mostly own Apple products at this point, mainly because it’s what the rest of my family uses (and you can’t beat the iMessage/iTunes Match/Find My/etc), and that I’m now busy enough with school that I don’t have time to do a lot of futzing with individual settings that aren’t super important. I think this is the first time I’ve had a top-of-the-line phone. My order was:

• 2 dumb phones
  • Some prepaid ZTE android
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 5S
  • iPhone 6S
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone 14 Pro

The yearly incremental updates are dull. Upgrading every 2-3 years is great. And hey, I bet my iPhone will still be getting updates after the S22 is defunct in Samsung’s eyes.

1 Like

Google Pixel 7 pro works

2 Likes

list Updated, thanks

1 Like

NExT works great with my new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra :grin:

6 Likes

Sounds like somebody is showing off with his new fancy dancy phone…

Added
Thanks

6 Likes

Both glass capsule and flex devices read amazingly well on the Asus ZenFone 8 - the NFC coil is small, occupying the space directly to the right of the camera bump.

I’ve not needed to do much special orientation to get good coupling!

1 Like

Added, thanks

I don’t see the pixel 6 (not pro) in the list. It works fine with glassies and an ideal spot is right in between the volume and power buttons, perpendicular to the phone’s edge.

1 Like

I think you may need to get your eyes checked…

I didnt just add it and link to your post above, if thats what you are implying :wink:
Paradoxically, I couldn’t have done that unless you had posted your post for me to link to…

ANYWAY
Added now

I swear I checked and didn’t see it! Either you’re trolling me or my old fashioned fleshy eyes are outdated :joy:

1 Like

When are the xEyes getting released? Probably Soon™, I guess…

3 Likes

Hi everyone
if it is of interest:

I have installed NExT system and xSIID NFC + LED Implant
both work with:

Sansun Z Flip 4
Samsung A40
Samsung A52

2 Likes

Added all thanks

1 Like

Also:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 pro

You can add the Razer Phone 1. The sweet spot for x-series is right on the logo, horizontal or vertical.

4 Likes

Added, Thank you

1 Like

My z fold 3 and 4 both worked with my ntag but it wasn’t great. It even had a hard time with my apex from time to time. My pixel fold is awesome at reading all tag types really well, on the pixel fold the best area is about 1cm below the camera bump, between the pump and the logo.

Added, thanks

Got the Nothing Phone 2.
NFC performance/range is not phenomenal but it works.

For my xSeries, the sweet spot is on the right side of the back, near the button “Volume -”

Google Pixel 7 (non pro)
Read and Write to 13.56MHz works great without a case.
Normal cases read okay
The Peak Design case with Magsafe magnets cause interference, reads and writes are impacted.