WIKI - NFC phone performance

Curses! They would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for those pesky biohackers and their little forum too.

5 Likes

Other adaptive settings…

Hmm adaptive connectivity…

I wonder if NFC falls under connectivity or battery… More testing…

1 Like

i assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the wifi scan throttling would have been part of it as i thought nfc scanning is on the same interface. I wonder if there is a layer below dev options like in the old days of hitting #556# with deeper radio settings.

2 Likes

I hope that thing is only there for testing purposes, if not, then get well soon and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks :slight_smile: just a spot of the ol carpal tunnel… should clear up in no time. Caught it early.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat, but I’m not sure what long term will look like as it’s caused by my sleeping position. I lay onc my side with my arms supporting me, but once I fall asleep my wrists collapse and it puts direct pressure on the nerve, causing me to wake up with completely numb fingers and thumb, but not index. I should probably see a doctor but that costs money, $20 Walmart brace it is lol

2 Likes

When are the xHands getting released? And do they include Wolverine claws or are those an optional accessory?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

xShnickty coming soon!

5 Likes

I just got the Pixel 8 Pro and it reads my vivokey and xNT very well. The docs show this image, with 15 being the NFC antenna, but I’ve found it works better a little lower than indicated, still above the G symbol

3 Likes

Pixel 8 (non-pro) reads Xsiid and 14443 side perfectly fine as well. Design as the same as the 8pro as far as placement. it is coiled at the top middle of phone behind th back glass

2 Likes

Both added.
Thanks heaps :+1:

3 Likes

Although this Wiki is helpful, the other day I was playing with this App and my Apex

Download For those who wan’t to try it for yourselves.
WebAuthn - FIDO2 Example_4.2.1_Apkpure.apk (4.4 MB)

In the app, is a handy little tool to send / share your phones NFC “sweetspot” with the developers, this info is not a lookup, but does / should show the user their phones sweetspot if the developers have the data.

Speaking of handy little tools
@hoker @Az_F :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @AnyOtherAppDevelopers :thinking: @RyuuzakiJulio ?
This got me to thinking; and yes, I’m aware the idea is the easy part and the execution is the difficult part; that’s where @hoker with your experience developing BioCom , Vivokey Apex App and @Az_F with your ZINC app ( FYI - I just added ZINC as a watched word with a link to get the App @ Axel Fougues - AzApps | Games, Biohacking and more. | Patreon)

If I had the skills, I would do it myself…, but with your collective knowledge, would this be an easy app to develop?
Would it be worth approaching the App developers
play@hwsecurity.dev

The in app function is a manual select by the user on a position on their screen whilst you scan your Card/ fob / implant on the back.
could it work like an HF tune ( Although, I’m pretty sure it stops reading when it gets that successful read, but maybe it could detect the device position and save the last position of the reading location? Could the App identify your phone make and model etc. and this be shared (somewhere)

I’m not sure of how the best way to collect, share and display that info, but happy for discussion in this or it’s own thread.

Just planting the seed :seedling:

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty straight forward and a good idea. I’ll mark it down in the ever growing to do list for ZINC :wink:

Love it :star_struck: Whenever it goes public let’s switch the link to the google play page (sometime early January)

Yeah it can, and we could average the results and show the sweet spot for the user’s device when available.

I’m currently using google’s firestore thing for uploading
and storing the haptic test results but tbh I don’t love it. It’s a temporary fix

3 Likes

Awesome, I assumed it would be.

Easy Peasy

Hopefully someone reading this may have an alternative for you to try

1 Like

Do you mind sharing? so I can add it to this thread

The image above should be enough for people to work it out, but does that tie in with your results?
NFC antenna top right (of image)

xSeries = Perpendicular to antenna
Flex = Parallel to antenna

Got my first folding phone the other day (OnePlus Open) and I don’t think I’ll be buying a normal slab phone ever again. I’m in love (But I will probably go for a Pixel Fold 2 when that comes out).

But there is no information on the NFC coil online from what I can find, so it was a bit of a gamble. Turns out it can read all of my implants perfectly fine, just doesn’t seem to have the very impressive range for showing off LEDs as my previous few Pixel phones had.

Red is where I suspect the coil is based on my field detector and xSIID testing, I could be wrong. The blue mark is my go to spot for reading my Apex (basically the only spot I can get an ergonomic and reliable read). And the green marks are the most ergonomic and reliable places I found for my xSeries. I can read my xSeries at the top corner, just not as reliably.

1 Like

The above refers to the NFC sweet spot finder for ZINC.

You sound like you already have an idea how to do it.

Regardleas, I should have also sent you the output email template.
It probably wont help much, but here it is anyway

I’m not sure if this data is published anywhere

1 Like

I’ve got the S24 Plus and marked on the diagram you posted. The range is good even through the otterbox case. Can light up my xSIID really well. With the case off, I can get a read on the opposite side of the antenna, but not so much with the case on.

2 Likes

Added-erised

Thanks for confirming :+1:t2:
Mr Fancy pants with a shiny new phone

1 Like