WIKI - NFC phone performance

Huawei p30 works with my NExT and xM1+🙂

1 Like

Updated the list. Thanks

1 Like

My S10 plus with a commuter OtterBox case will read my flexnt but not my spark2. If I take the case off it has a 100% read rate.

My wife’s A8 won’t read anything with the same OtterBox case, not even the flexnt. Without the case it has a little trouble on the flexnt but gets there eventually, haven’t tried the spark with it yet.

Thanks for sharing, I have added the A8, ( With a note ) There was already an S10 Plus. :+1:

Np. I thought I would add it since I have a different case that affects performence

1 Like

The Moto G6 play does not have nfc. guy at the store said it did when i bought it a while ago, it doesn’t.
Was just browsing around and thought I’d chip in.

2 Likes

Did you turn on Android Beam?

http://motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/126953/~/nfc---moto-g6-play

unfortunately neither nfc nor android beam are options…
It also even says on the website https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-moto-g6-play/p
towards the bottom “NFC: No”

1 Like

Yeah, just saw in the manual that it isn’t available in all locations. Bummer.

yea… maybe ill get a new phone with my implants this summer. just need to find something that i can afford with college this fall…

2 Likes

Or a PM3 RDV4 with the Bluetooth module and the RFID tools app :smirk:

That could work but its unfortunately about double the price of my current phone. and i am absolutely broke.and already saving for another large purchase…

1 Like

Yeah there not exactly cheap… :frowning:

1 Like

I wonder if someone at my college will have one i could borrow/ use…? RIT is the kind of place that would have one somewhere. (If we start on campus :mask:)

2 Likes

The LG G8x ThinQ was great performance without the dual-screen case on both my next and spark 2. With the case it has to be pushed right against my next and for the spark 2 it only works from one direction. This may be due to its placement between my 3rd and 4th metacarpal. In summary it can read my tags fine, and as you would probably expect the dual screen case does effect read performance.

2 Likes

@Backpackingvet you can ( or can you ) edit the top wiki? by adding in
LG G8x ThinQ

and link to the post above

WIKI - NFC phone performance

I should be able to on a computer. Mine decided to lose the ability to connect to WiFi. I won’t risk it on mobile.

Gotta get that wiki editing badge.

Last time I tried on mobile, it deleted the whole thing.

1 Like

Samsung note 9 seems to work well. X FD light’s the brightest right next to / over the S of the Samsung logo at a 45° angle but seems to have a decent range in a fair number of locations.