last weekend, I was putting together a few strawman ideas for a MIFARE DF EV2 focused android app. At the most basic level, I am hoping to write this app to do the following things for me:
- “Simple Read” and display card info - i.e., no PICC level or App level authN
- Provide user an ability to supply PICC Master Key or passphrase, select the encryption type and optionally save it encrypted locally on the device (with fair warnings).
- “Advanced Read” Give the user the ability to apply the PICC Master Key (from #2) and read card PICC settings, and App structure and files.
- “Advanced Write” ability to change PICC level settings and reset to default Master Key - so long as the card is not locked out. Including ability to change settings such as “read w/o PICC” etc.
- “Create App” - Open and Secured options. At this time creating files
I am not sure if and how fast I will be able to complete this app, but could be a good first foot in the door to build something w/ xDF2. There seems to be a gap in apps that allow users to do steps 2, 3 and 4. I could be wrong.
I want to socialize this with you all and seek your input; does this idea fall under a “fill gap” app, something you’d use or any suggestions. No wrong answer.