xEM Access Controller case

It’s possible someone has shared this before, but I have what appears to be a perfect protective box for my xEM Access Controllers, and I wanted to share with the class. Is it 3D printed? Did I order it from a bespoke etsy shop?? Guess again. I bought it at Harbor Freight for about $3. It’s a magnetic hide-a-key box that I pulled the magnets out of. I plan on enlarging the holes where the magnets were pinned so I have easy wire pass-through, then using double-sided tape to mount the box.

Very excited to get this project wrapped up, but it’s on hold while I wait on unrelated parts to arrive. Gotta have working AC before I tinker with the power locks. Priorities, ya know?

I hope this helps someone, and I look forward to seeing your solutions too!

7 Likes

NICE! I was trying to find a case for a SONOFF SV (appears slightly smaller than the DT xEM) and never thought of checking a harbor freight, because nearest one is like 3 hours away. Actually going past one tomorrow to get another implant, will have to stop in and do some shopping.

2 Likes

I love Harbor Freight for the things where you don’t need the absolute best of something. I usually stock up on things like masking tape and zip ties when I go, just because I like to bundle and label things before I throw them in my parts bin. It’s also nice to have a set of wrenches or screwdrivers that I can hammer on and pry with without worrying about my nice tools.

2 Likes

In this instance, I just want a place where I don’t have to worry about jabbing my circuit board with tools while I work nearby. It’s going to be in a spot where weather isn’t an issue, just incidental contact.

2 Likes

Yeah, my plan was just to use some double-sided tape and stick it to the fridge. This case would work lots better.

2 Likes