xEM motorcycle wiring

I love www.the12volt.com/ … great resource.
But I would always prefer a customised answer like @Devilclarke gave you.

This community is such a wealth of knowledge…:+1:

4 Likes

Don’t forget the diode on the pulse line to protect the xAC.

1 Like

Good im glad we could help.

Just to reiterate what amal is saying:

You will end up with 2 diodes;

• the one shown in my image (courtesy of 12volt) is a flyback diode to stop damage to the relay and suppress emi created when the relay tuns off.

• you will need to put one on the white wire feeding into the first relay.

2 Likes

Sounds like diodes are like fuses… no way that you can have too many.

1 Like

Yes, I mean no, well kinda :rofl:

The 2 diodes in this case provide 2 different forms of protection.

2 Likes

When you’re working with 12V systems, you can put diodes in all day. You get a diode, and you get a diode!

Not so much with 3.3V systems

3 Likes

Yeah .6fvd is significantly more of a percentage of 3.3v, one of the boards for work (a custom camera and laser driver solution) runs on 1.8v diodes start to be a bit problematic :wink:

2 Likes

Putting this all together for ya @Steven1727.
You need to know 2 things to understand what’s being referenced.

First you actually lose about .7 volts when you pass through a diode. (The right way, the wrong way don’t work at all.)

Second, Engineers and Technicians will haggle back and forth over a half a volt in the same way and with the same passion that Historians and Military Officers will deconstruct, study, reconstruct and re-fight the Civil War. Seriously it gets intense.

Your motorcycle probably has;
9-10 volts while starting.
10.5 volts when battery dead and no load or charging
12.5 volts when fully charged with no load or charging.
13.5-14 volts while running and charging.

Don’t sweat that .7v :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m typically really good when it comes to car wiring… But these diodes are throwing a bone in the bucket I have never had to deal with lol. Thanks y’all. I’m even thinking about adding some LED diodes to show that The chip has been accepted and the system is armed. :thinking:

3 Likes

The coiled up wire with LED on your reader will come on while a chip is being read.

You can also remove that wire if you’re careful.

3 Likes

I wish it was only Satur9 bending my brain when I read through here.

1 Like

Very interested in how this turns out. I’d very much like my new bike to start keyless.

1 Like

hi guys ive had one of these in my bike for about a month now and it works great, no complaints at all its been very reliable, i have now just added a voice output to it and i thought i would share it with you!
i live on the facebook group. and im rarely on here.

103369747_314104059586008_2671524176241048177_n|480x352

4 Likes

Nice work and thanks for the share.

Would be cool if you did your own separate project for this one, otherwise it may get over looked.

1 Like