xG3 Sensing Equivalent?

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve been watching for the magnets to get fixed up and become available for several years now and have been super excited to see the xG3 come out! I’ve been watching the website and the forum for a few years hoping that the issues with the coating would get fixed and they’d be available again (I was so sooo disappointed at the video awhile back saying they wouldn’t).

However I have zero interest in it’s lifting capabilities. My hand being magnetic enough to firmly grab things might actually be a detriment in many instances given the amount of hardware and small electronic parts I work with.

The sheer size of it is also a concern for me. Ignoring the fact that as a woman I have generally have slender hands when compared with men of the same height, I work with power tools on a regular basis. Add in various sports and martial arts and something that large embedded in my hand seems like asking for trouble.

Which brings me to my main question: Will a smaller, glass encased sensing magnet be coming out in the future?

I absolutely love what you’ve done with the bioglass and the gas sterilization, but I’m biting my lip and crossing my fingers that you’ll make something smaller for the sensory crowd as well.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramble and have a good one!

3 Likes

We have learned our lesson in this regard… so I’m going to quote Chester from one of my favorite movies - “The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.”

i.e. no, we do not have any plans for this.

1 Like