XLED implantable field detector

Possibly… maybe…

4 Likes

That would be wonderful. :laughing:

Why do I feel like this is a subtle tease? Lol

All I know is, if it did happen. I’ll go broke. I love lights.

hey @amal when would I do a white xled restock? I need one 13.56 to put near the walletmor :smiling_imp:

probably not going to happen any time soon…but you can get a white xsiid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah we are going through a supplier issue with the borosilicate glass used for the xLEDs… working on alternatives

3 Likes

Hi folks,

keep in mind that even a power sucker like a field detector could be detected on some modern payment terminals.

I’ve got the field detector 3-4cm away from the Walletmor implant on top of my hand. sometimes when the payment antenna is big enough i get the error “only use single card” from the payment terminal.

So, to be sure i read the tech specs of the nfc mastercard, got myself a payment terminal and tested it.

conclusion: a second current consumer in the same field or a high uncommon current can be measured by the terminal and make your payment fail.

BR

2 Likes

You just saved me a ton of future headaches. I just received the XLED in the mail and I would have installed it this week, right next to the walletmor.

Guess i’ll need to find a better spot for it now. Any suggestions?

this error has also happened to other people who have only implanted walletmor so xled has nothing to do with the problem. Enter the iCard application and deactivate the other virtual cards leaving only the walletmor active

This. Correlation does not mean causation. I got the error when I presented a flexDF to a payment terminal with nothing else. That error is about the cards configuration

Do we have any accounts of xLEDs working with a walletmor?

Im not sure we should throw out the possibility that the xLED causes interference with POS Terminals just because a similar error happens without a xLED.

@Jesse would you be able to test the xLED/walletmor combination with the fix proposed above?

hi everybody,

as i wrote somewhere in this forum, I’ve spend many times and a lot of money trying to develop a proper payment implantat.

doing this I’ve put this fingernail stickers together with a dissolved vimpay card. similar to the ones sold by iamrobot.

on my cellphone everything was working fine, lights card etc. but guess what on a payment terminal, it failed.

and to make sure that the leds are the reason I’ve build a copy of this vimpay chip without led stickers and with less led stickes.

so conclusion of my vimpay diy project: the same as Walletmor - don’t use any othe consumer together with your payment implant.

the reason is more simple than you may think, protect of mtm (men in the middle) and/or card scamming etc.

i. e. if you put a proxmark or something like a proxmark between your implant and the terminal some enegy goes to the proxmark and some to your implant. so, more power transfered. maybe to much, result: only use one card…

still don’t believe me?
get yourself the mastercard emv specification and the nfc payment tech specs from the web. I’ve read them for hours…

and buy yourself a nano vna or oscilloscope an measure the dB of power, with an without led or xled.
youtube will help.

and last but not least
keep in mind >
even a xLed don’t light up only with love… :smirk:

attached some pictures of my ideas, test and fails.

• my hand with diy implant infected
  • Walletmor and xled together - plan
  • vimpay dissolved
  • vimpay with 2 led
  • vimpay with 4 led in biosilicone

2 Likes

and; it depends a lot on the release (modern or vintage) of terminal and the antenna design on the terminal.

Do…do you want help?

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for confirming!

yes, sure, thats for me one reason why we’re here.

I get back home on Sunday, the i can test, meassure and try.

Nice, alright. If you want to do any custom hand wound antennas or PCBs feel free to reach out to me.

I think some people around here can help you figure out a reliable encapsulation method. It looks like that top one was some kind of hot melt adhesive, and the bottom ones were polyimide film. What was the encapsulation material that you used on the one that you implanted and it got infected?

2 Likes

I just wanted to add that maybe this is the case for the vimpay, or many walletmor too, but there could be quite a few things impacting it. I also wonder about location of the LEDs - i.e. whether the LED board is inside the coil of the payment section. I’m also guessing that number matters, and I actually know one person who has a successful payment implant with a single LED - @fraggersparks, which has a different payment wearable conversion with a white LED fingernail in the middle of it.

I’d also be interested to know exactly which reader you’ve tried - we definitely can’t assume that all readers work the same.

2 Likes

hey, thank you for your feedback.

to answer your questions:

as you may already know, the antenna coil after dissolving the payment chip is like a spring and not flat as a piece of paper. so i had to fix the antenna wire to get the implantat as flat as possible.
i used kapton tape for that.i had this on my desk and i knew that’s a good heat protection.

I’ve made a lot of test and implants with many materials. i tried EVA, PTFE, PP and silikone.

for me there was the most important that my implant gets sterilized in a autoclave before implanting.

EVA, also known as hot melt glue exist with different specs. even for higher temperature.
but the EVA got melted in the autoclave = fail, not implanted.

PTFE is really cool, often used in 3d printer for the tubes ie. i bought ptfe foil and tried to seal the implant between 2 layers. well ptfe is very difficult to seal with iron, lamibator etc. result = fail, not 100% sealed

i think PP is a great material, often used in food boxes etc. so i bought businesses card foils for self laminating made of pp. it was working good, but i decided to test another one in my body.

so i bought medical 2 compount medical silicone.

the mold is made of alginate, often used at the dentists for bracelets.

so, ive made my implant in silicone.

Tomorrow the rest… have to sleep ¡

'-

1 Like