xM1+ and HID multiCLASS se readers

Boo Indeed :sweat_smile:
I wanted to get the flex before potentially bricking my xM1+ on a yale doorman lock, but I guess I’ll just have to try, then see how it fairies, still keeping one original tag with me in the beginning to see how it holds up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@anon3825968 did some testing on the Yale doorman V2N with a xM1 and it didn’t work :sweat_smile:
You got a prototype M1 Flex gen1 that I could buy @amal? It ould be fun to test it, to see if it’s big enough to trigger the read :slightly_smiling_face:

This was posted 2 weeks ago, so I am not sure of what stock they have remaining, but…

This was his reply 3 days ago

So fingers crossed

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @Pilgrimsmaster I sent a DM, since I guess Amal is quite buissy and might not get to read every post he’s tagged in :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Absolutely, a very busy guy. He will be busy coming up with new stuff for us…

BaggyFearfulChrysalis-size_restricted

1 Like

Thank you for breaking all of that down. Lol I was wondering why a Gen1a magic card I purchased from one vendor didn’t work on my front door, while the one I got from another did. I guess it’s kinda hard to standardize something that’s not supposed to exist.

I found a document from NXP Semiconductors that explains what BCC bits are. It says it’s a calculated value, so I don’t think people are likely to fuck them up. I really have no idea though.

2020-02-25 13_17_49-AN10927

I’m waiting on a Gen1a & Gen2 a to arrive from the company I linked to previously. Is there any way to check if they match the chips you use? I have a Proxmark3 and the tag info app.

1 Like

lmao, imma start using this

3 Likes

Brilliant find… makes sense now. I wonder if writing the wrong BCC bits to a magic mifare chip actually bricks the chip, or rather breaks the ISO14443 standard and thus it is the reader that rejects talking to a the magic mifare chip because the BCC bits are wrong. If that’s the case, then surely a proxmark3 could fix the problem.

1 Like