xNT Zoological research project

Good Evening Guys,

xNT (13.56) would be very interesting to track performances and results of research conducted with animals.
For exemple, we are testing dog’s cognitive response on complicated pathways. The goal is to better the training them receive to help disable people. We could train them to open door with xNT (13.56) , just to see if they can learn from it.

1. With human, we implanted the chip between 1 and 2nd metacarpus. What about dogs ? Vets do that between the two scapulas ? Would that be okay to ? I’m afraid that the skin could be too thick for the NFC field to go through ? Am I wrong ?

2. Is there a way to make easier the scanning with high frequency ? Today we are scanning low frequency RFID chip with reader that are quite handy. You just sweep over the dog’s back very quickly without knowing where the ID is, and you’ll eventually get it scanned (can take some time to find it :slight_smile: ). I’m here under the impression that the Android-Iphone reading force you to be precisely on it ? Maybe I’m wrong ?
    Is there a way to make this easier ? In addition, with the migration phenomena, there are chances that the ID won’t be exactly where it was implanted at the beginning, which makes eveything trickier?

Hope you guys’ll be able to answer my newbie’s questions

Have a great day :wink:

I don’t think that would work well, the NFC implant has too poor range.

An xEM in HID mode would work far better for you.

I get successful and instant reads from distances up to a few centimetres without having to carefully adjust my hand.

Give it a go

Thank you for your answer man.
Actually I really need the NFC phone thing because we want to use a particular app with it.

What would be the way too increase the range of the NFC implant ?

The flexNT has a flat and rectangular coil, better magnetic coupling with most RFID/NFC readers.