xSIID Enrolment or ev1 compatiblity

Hi Guys,

About 3 months ago i got a xSIID with a blue led implanted. Everything has healed up nicely and the scar is almost not visible anymore. Very happy with it 10/10 worth rick’rolling my friends.

Anyway,
I work as a installer for a access control system and want to enrol myself in the system. So here comes the fun part.

What I know so far,

• mifare ultralight c is supported by the readers.
  • Mifare DESfire ev1 is being used
  • 40 bit wiegand

any input is appreciated

This doesn’t make much sense:

Firstly, everything under the sun supports Mifare Ultralights, probably. That don’t say much about what actual cards are being used with your system.

Secondly, if the system really uses DESfire tags (as opposed to, the employees have DESfire tags but the system just authenticates on the UID), then forget it: they can’t be cloned if you wanted to make a copy of your genuine tag, and the xSIID ain’t a DESfire.

Thirdly: 40 bit wiegand for a DESfire? I don’t think so :slight_smile: I’m guessing your system is a dumb UID-based thing.

Best bet: read your original employee badge and figure out what that is.

Scan your id card and we should be able to help you more effectively.

Most of the time when we see DESFire deployments they’re considered secure and not cloneable.

However it’s not always the case. Sometimes some not so smart implementations have simply added DESFire cards into an existing system without properly deploying all of their capabilities.

There are DESFire emulator cards like there: https://cyborg.ksecsolutions.com/product/mifare-desfire-compatible-uid-modifiable-emulator-card/

They only emulate the ID of another DESFire card, not any of the other features.

Since you are an installer you should have or have access to someone who understands access controller configuration. In short, most of the time the readers are capable of reading a ton of different card types and reporting back the IDs to the master controller. How that controller is configured to support is what usually matters most. The 40 bit weigand is encouraging… it means that most of the ID bytes of the card IDs will be reported to the controller over the wire, unlike weigand 26 bit where only 3 bytes are and the rest dropped (fucking idiots). So, since your readers can read ultralight and desfire I assume they are capable of reading IDs from any ISO14443A chip type, which means a 7 byte UID of the xSIID should not be a problem. The weigand 40 bit setup will, of course, truncate and drop some of the 56 bits of a 7 byte UID, but at this point all you should need to do is configure the controller to accept ultralight card IDs and enroll your xSIID.

1 Like

Sorry guys for the super late respose guys. Life can suddenly get so busy sometimes.

I ofcourse forgot that that the more info the better. oops hahah. The system is a identiv system(ICPAM software). I had a look into the system a bit further. What I could find was that there a “templates” and this is how the data of the reader is interpreted. basically the data from the reader is pushed to the controlller and then its checked against the templates.

@anon3825968
I was probably a little unclear in my origanal post. I know that the badge is supported and i checked our internal records and mifare classics are being used. (correct for the dumb uid based thing)

@KaiCastledine
Thanks for the link, definetly going to pick one of these up anyway. Luckily im not trying to clone a card for this system.

@amal
26 bit seems like its just one big party. After a bit of digging i managed to make a template that is
wiegand 56 bit :slight_smile: so that the entire uid is read correctly(atleast as far as i can tell)

Just a quick question, Is there any parity bits(odd or even) when the uid is read?

Appreciate the help everyone.

1 Like