XSIID - password protecting the data inside your xSIID chip?

@hoker was building an NFC app, that Might be a consideration for that

also @NixieGeek was building an app, I think it was DF / DF2 centric though…not 100% on that, Haven’t seen it for a while

1 Like

He’s always watching

1 Like

I plan on adding xSIID functionality to my little BioCom app, but first I’m going to prioritize the completion of the DangerousNFC application, which will also hopefully work fully with the xSIID.

2 Likes

Just by the way you answer. Sounds like Android only app. :sweat_smile:

I woke up to @miststlkr suggestion, But yeah, good topic!

1 Like

Ah, sorry. I missed that you were wanting iOS:P

I can make iOS apps. In fact, I’m working on the VivoKey App for iOS right now.
Just that I haven’t touched Type 2 yet and wouldn’t even know where to start.
Perhaps one day we can work together in something?

I always welcome collaboration:)

Type 2 in general is relatively easy / simple, except for the sheer number of different configuration options different chips have :frowning:

You can send custom NFC commands with the Android version of NFC Tools pretty easily. Not sure about Apple, but my understanding is that access to the shell is limited on Apple for “security”.

3 Likes

Very nice! Only potential issue I see is needing to send only one command at a time… which you’d need to send 2 minimum without leaving the field. Either gotta be good at one handed phone holding / typing, or have someone to help you.

DAMN!
OK! Now I need some crash course on Type 2 commands compatible with the xSIID. I know there is that PDF but just opening it on the browser I feel an imminent dyslexia attack. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We got pretty much all the datasheets in the discord as well as the type 2 and 4 command documentation :slight_smile: always nice to have it all in one place.

1 Like

ok took me a while and cold sweats and nearly 2 heart attacks.
But I think I figured out thanks to your explanation.

I guess there is a bunch of ways to configure the thing, but basically we just wanna write data and protect. (or is there something else it can do? like set up brighness level of the LED or some other fancy stuff?)

2 Likes

I wish! Me and another member of the forum convinced one of the other implanting that the xsiid was rgb and could be adjusted by the phone (totally untrue but funny as hell). The ntag i2c just has a regulated power output and that is what is used to power the led unfortunately no fancyness.

3 Likes

Was worth asking since this “module” has a “power harvesting feature” and I haven’t read the 4.058412325597e17 pages about all things NFC. Specially this Type 2 funkiness. Took me months to get used to the Spark 1 ADPU and then the whole OAuth2 custom API. Oh well, baby steps, baby steps…

1 Like

You know I got your back if you have any hardware questions, Julio

Oh don’t tempt me to start asking questions Lucifer! Cuz I got them questions for real

1 Like

basically yes, with future implants / designing new ones there’s a bit more it can do (e.g. I2C), but with xSIID, it’s pretty basic.

Just remember the ntag i2c is purely an i2c eeprom from the i2c side it cant do any control or anything.