xSIID self install with 5% Lidocaine

Hi crew! I completed my first self install of an xSIID green LED version. I would of course not recommend self installing, but it was a unique experience for sure! I did not realize how much force was going to be required to get through the layers of skin. Once past that point, the fascia tissue was painless and required nearly zero pressure. The whole process was about 8 minutes. I used my phone and iPad to record the procedure, so eventually I may post this on YouTube for fun, after it gets edited down.

I also used the Mad Rabbit Numbing Cream, which has 5% Lidocaine. I washed and dried my left hand, applied a decent layer of numbing cream using a gloved hand, and then put a glove over my left hand to keep it from drying out. I let this sit for 30 minutes before washing off the numbing cream. This seemed to help a little, however a friend has let it sit for 2 hours before, and that seems to have helped. I was of course impatient and wanted to get the implant finished haha.

Overall the process was very smooth. Since it was my first time self installing, I used a surgical marker and managed to implant in the exact spot I marked, which was such a relief lol. I’ll post blinkies once it’s healed enough.

Cheers and happy biohacking friends!

Video of the install after about 24 hours. Look at that blink! :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice! I’m installing a green one in 10 minutes too! I’m not self installing this time though. I wish you the brightest blink

3 Likes

Good luck! Thanks. I wish you the brightest blink as well.

1 Like

Done. Went a bit overboard on the bandage because I’m riding the bike back :joy:

2 Likes

Nice! Good call with extra wrapping since you’re on a motorcycle. What position was that installed in? Top of your hand it looks like. Let us know how that goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes between the metacarpals, led towards the fingers :grin:

1 Like

Sweet! That’ll be fun.

1 Like

Congrats, both of you! I implanted a green a couple days ago.

Does the xSIID have a white coating? That picture with the syringe/needle got me wondering.

1 Like

The last picture is the plunger sticking out of the needle

1 Like

Ah okay lol I’ve never seen the plunger.

1 Like

WhenI had my nurse friend install the NExT a few weeks ago, he didn’t think it got implanted as he also saw the white plunger, and assumed it was a coating. Then we installed the xG3 v2 and that has a yellow plunger. We then both realized that it had installed successfully. Oh newbie learning curves lol. Afterwards I realized it’s clear bioglass, however that didn’t come to mind as I was getting injected.

1 Like

I also used this xSIID with the KBR1 keyboard wedge after only 24 hours post install as well. So happy with the placement. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/hg6-6Vp23_4

What kind of bike you got?

Nice install btw.

2 Likes

A heavily modified Super73 S2, dual battery, custom made footrest with a waterproof storage space and cargo space in the back, Arduino startup system and twist throttle :grin: glad you asked!

Probably not what you expected though :sweat_smile:

And sorry for the derail :train2:

2 Likes

Not at all what I expected, But still badass though :+1:

1 Like

That’s cool! Electric motorcycles are great. Even more interesting that’s it’s controlled in part by an Arduino and your implant.

2 Likes

Nice. I am also installing a green xSIID and am ready to do it but I was wondering what tool did you use to pinch the skin, if you used anything?

1 Like

I have the same mousepad … and a xSIID too :wink:

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. I got it on Amazon - Amazon.com

I wasn’t able to snap it shut, so I just used it to tent the skin a bit, then release and insert the needle a small amount, tent the skin again, and repeat until you get through the skin layer. Worked pretty well. This one healed like a champ!