Ya boi finally got implanted

Finally got my implants put in this past weekend after sitting on them for about 2 years. xEM in my right hand and xNT in my left.
Got into work for the first time with the xEM yesterday and it felt magical.

Probably babying my hands too much still but still feeling quite tender, so maybe for the best.

Also want to say how happy I am these forums exist and for the information put on here. Not to mention my immense gratitude for all the help I got when I was originally considering implants and posted on here.

8 Likes

That first scan is magic isn’t it?

I had struggled to get my work credential to work for a week

Walked out the door to grab a huge food delivery, both hands were full and it was precarious to set something down

Paused, looked at my hand…
Whispered, it’s now or never you little bastard

Awkwardly holding food I stuck my hand out and that beep was the best thing I’d ever heard lol

4 Likes

3 Likes

It’s weirdly similar to silencers for me and a lot of other people who have gone through the hassle

Tons of paperwork, and legaleese hassle…
Hundreds of dollars in fees alone,
Nearly a year wait, for each device
On top of the cost for the item itself

The first shot going “chunk” or “pop” instead of “BANG” is life altering

And makes you immediately forget the hassle and willing to start the process all over again lol

I think it’s the same for implants, all the time spent trying to make heads or tails of what does what, the installation procedure, the cost, the wait for things to settle and heal… the anxiety of it not reading at first

And then it works :exploding_head:

1 Like

dance-moves

Welcome to the club!

3 Likes

It really was, especially since I preemptively removed the credential that was in my phone case lol.

Still felt pretty magical this morning, so here’s hoping the feeling lasts.

2 Likes

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

3 Likes