Yubikey reaplacment+a few other random Q's

I am currently hoping to buy some implants this summer to have implanted in the Fall when Russ Foxx does his usual Canadian tour.

I had planned to buy a VivoKey Spark (2?) and a NExT, one for each hand.

I have been contemplating purchasing a Yubikey to replace my 2FA where I can and was curious if either implant can either A) be used as a Yubikey replacement or B) can have the Yubikey cloned to it.

The VivoKey website says it can be used for passwordless login for computers and websites, I’m curious how this works.
I really dont wanna use my key id as a password on multiple sites and computers as I like everything to have unique passwords.

Their website also touts keyless locks but does not specify any actual brands or models they are compatible with and was curious if there had been any found outside the now patched Samsung locks and the current open source project.

My other query is about the magnet, I have been curious about magnetic implants for years and would definitely love one buuut if I am putting a chip in the either hand where would even be a good place to put a third implant like that?

I’m sure I’ll think of other questions in time but would love some info on these ones.

Hi! The passwordless login is an OAuth2 API, docs can be found at vivokey.com/api. The Spark definitely works (very well I might add) for this currently - but it’s up to websites to implement the API for authentication.

@amal might be better off to write a reply about the other questions.

Also a note, a Yubikey can’t be cloned to those implants mentioned. There are ways of replicating some features on some other implants currently in beta, but I’ll leave that to Amal.

Basically as @fraggersparks said, you can’t clone the Yubikey to any other device, not even another Yuibkey… because like… that would mean the Yubikey is spilling its secrets… and therefore a terrible security device. However we can definitely work on applets for the VivoKey Flex One to replicate a lot of the Yubikey functionality… the only down side is that again, you would need the Flex One for this since the Spark chips do not run autonomous javacard applets.

We are definitely all about the open source project. The problem is that 3rd parties are not interested in partnerships and they also freely change their firmware, so at the moment VivoKey is behind the open source project and we’re actively looking for other companies to also get involved with the project.

Some people put the xG3 into areas around the wrist… but since it is a lifting magnet more than a sensing magnet (due to the mass and inertia that mass brings), any placement which will maximize utility in a lifting capacity is best.

Any sign of the Vivokey Flex One coming out of beta anytime soon?

We are hoping for late Q1 or early Q2 in 2020

1 Like

Interesting, Maybe it will be available when I am looking to buy and I’ll be able to see what its capabilities are.

OAuth2 seems weirdly vulnerable from some quick reading, y’all ever have any issues with?

I’m really looking forward to the KeePass integration listed on the vivokey site

1 Like

Oh? I’ll be curious how that works since KeePass is what I use

2 Likes

We have an applet (in the works) and app that basically pushes decrypts the master key on chip and passes that to keepass applet via intent.