2019 Jeep Cherokee Hack

Im looking for assistance hacking my key fob for a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. If there is anyone that could help i would really appreciate it.

What kind of help are you looking for?
There are several threads on the topic in this forum, including one by me.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

If you have specific questions, feel free to post here.

Im new to this and trying to find out where to even start but im reading some of the other threads and trying to figure it out.

The first thing is, do you keep your key in your pocket when you approach your vehicle and you can get in and drive away without taking the key out of your pocket?

Yes i do
I leave it in my pocket to unlock and start my car

Okay so basically you’ve got it easy… comparatively.

Your key fob has a little battery inside. That powers the key and that’s it talk to the car when it is in range.

Basically what you’re going to want to do is open the key and put an RFID reader between the battery and the key. That way, when you scan your RFID implant, power is connected to the key. This lets the key talk to the car and you can get in and drive away. Scan a second time and the RFID reader disconnects power to the key. To the car, it looks like the key has gone out of range.

There are some links to projects that show how to do this.

Thank you so much.
I read an article about a guy using his hand to open his Tesla and now im falling down a rabit hole trying to figure out how i can do it.
Its really interesting stuff but as a newbie it can get a little confusing.

The Tesla actually has a reader built into the car! It’s for reading their keycard but the Apex Flex has an applet you can deploy to it to allow it to be registered as a keycard.