3D Printer Tipps&Support Lounge

Measured on the hotend i get some really low ohms reading. So its not the thermistor it self. Now i try if it is the resume print thing

If you still want to check the board-side reading, it’s here, on the upper right side:

There should be two sets of cables going into that spot, not sure how your firmware is configured, so it could be either one. You should be able to tell by wire colors.

Nope. Thermistor is fine.

Its not the resume Print thing.

even if i tell it to cool it continuous to heat

10.2v on heater0

Damn. Definitely a MOSFET failure I’d say.

Would contact AnyCubic immediately.

1 Like

God damn - why this shit allways happens to me :smiley:

i could try to find the mosfet and replace it.

Printer is over a year old - dont know if they still support me

(already contacted - waiting for reply)

They didn’t ask for purchase date for mine, and I believe they still make the i3 Mega.

Should still be fine I’d think :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If not, they’re thankfully pretty cheap boards. Could also use it as an opportunity to upgrade to a 32-bit board.

1 Like

And other fans :slight_smile:

Do you know the Data of the fans (diameter and thickness?)

(in case you did a fan upgrade)

Its sooo loud

Which fans are you talking about? The hotend fan or the print cooling fan?

Literally all of them :smiley:

Found this cheat sheet online with every fan size, voltage, and current draw :slight_smile:

I love you

2 Likes

It’s mutual :wink: haha

2 Likes

The anycubic support told me my Printer is out of warranty so i need to pay the board my self^

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Must have tightened up their warranty since the time of my issue.

Have you put any thought towards doing a swap with an upgraded board? The SKR 1.4 board seems the most popular for the i3 Mega. It’s a 32-bit board (would likely help your print resolution slightly, as well as being much faster for the UI), and it’s readily available on sites like Amazon and ebay (here in the states anyway, idk about German Amazon).

Here’s a tutorial (with videos) on replacing the stock board with the SKR 1.4.

The tutorial also includes adding a better screen, with STLs to properly mount it as well.

1 Like

umm - that sounds expensive - new mainboard - new tft - (new stepper drivers?)

It’s not cheap, but looking on Amazon (always more expensive than ebay for chinese parts), it looks like everything (a new mainboard + a set of TMC2208 drivers + the screen kit) should be under 100 usd, or ~82 euro.

It looks like a new TriGorilla board is running ~$70 usd, and it’s a bit hard to find.

You could also convert it to a full RAMPS 1.4 setup (what the TriGorilla board is using) for ~40 USD or 33 Euro. The TriGorilla board is basically a RAMPS 1.4 board with everything built in. The $40 figure is for a kit on amazon with stepper drivers, the board, and a new screen. That would get you up and running again, but would make upgrading tricky if you ever wanted to add new improvements.

1 Like

i payd 150€ for the whole printer lmao

Yeah, that’s true.

even ships from Germany

1 Like