6 chips in, Now what?

oh wow! thanks for your response. yeah, im not very confident i could do it, ive never messed with cars beyond airing up a tire. i have a 2016 camry, just a regular key start. is it supposed to be a pretty intense job or something a beginner can figure out with videos?

YouTube, despite it’s failings, is an amazing resource.

Derail

If you break what you want to do in smaller chunks, It will not be so intimidating.

Decision (What do you want to achieve?)
Research (Is it possible, what resources do I have? including people?)
Plan (What do you need - to learn and tools/equipment)
First step
Second step

Complete
Write up a project and share on the Forum in the projects section

I don’t want to derail this too much further, If/ when you decide you want to give it a try, start a post in the support section with as much information you can.
We will drag it all out of you anyway, but it is much easier and faster if you help us from the start.

Something Like
Hi Guys,
I am looking for some help on an RFID vehicle lock /unlock and push to start system for my car.
I have read the project section from top to bottom and I still have some questions.
I have a Spark and I am planning on getting a NExT.
I have a 2016 Toyota Camry
It has a Key fob with 3 buttons, one lock, one unlock, one boot ( Trunk )
There is no immoboliser
There is no alarm
There is no proximity unlock system
It has central locking
The ignition is not a push to start, it uses a key

I have very little experience with Cars/ Electronics etc but I am willing to learn
This is what I have learnt and done so far,
I have learnt how Door locks work ( Thanks Youtube )
I have learnt how Relays work ( Thanks Youtube )
I have learnt how the xAC works ( Thanks Amal)
I think I should be using an xAC, but not sure
But now I am stuck.
Can anybody help me with…???

OR

I really want this, but also I don’t know what the fuck I am doing, and would rather have somebody else do it for me.
I live in Tulsa Oaklahoma, does anybody have any contacts in the area that may be able to assist?
I am willing to travel ~3hrs for some “in-person” assistance

1 Like

screenshotting this whole message for future reference. i have a lot of research to do as i dont know what 1/2 of this ^ means. i appreciate your well thought out message, and ill make sure to be more clear when i post in projects. thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lmaoo this a lot closer to what im capable of at the moment