A little advice on removal needed…

Good chap.

Your question made me wonder if you’ve been stalking me or whether you just really like Coop’s P&M plaits.

1 Like

I would be lying if I didn’t not say I wasn’t previously ever not at all not not not in your walls

so I always make it a point to take a dose of acetaminophen before I go for an install…
I remember reading a couple pretty cool studies that you wouldn’t expect

one was taking it BEFORE a social pain or something that would lead to hurt feelings, resulted in a marked decrease in emotional pain…
emotional and physical pain are often very similar in the brain on a chemical level which is wild and cool

I THOUGHT I read something about vasovagal, but I can’t find anything…

but it literally can’t hurt (there’s a pun in there somewhere)

I feel like at the absolute worst case, it gives you a little placebo effect,
but I wouldn’t be surprised if it drops either your brains detection of piercing pain, or lowers its freak-out threshold a smidge…

but also yea I always eat something fast foodish before hand… greasy food does tend to slow stomach emptying… so maybe it keeps your body slightly preoccupied longer that something healthier?
greasy can also cause nausea… and I have a laughable strong stomach so I may not be the best judge here if thats good or bad advice…

skimmed a vasovagal reaction study they did for ear piercing… nothing ground breaking or anything but interesting to see some collected data for whatever its worth

The incidence of vasovagal reactions during earlobe piercing - PMC

my brother in law is just about to graduate as a nurse anesthetist, we often talk about weird counter intuitive medical stuff or not widely known

one of the most basic aha moments… which maybe I was just slow on the up take is one of the larger purposes of anesthesia…

I was small brain… Pain bad = anesthesia make no pain = good
when apparently there are much complicated things its doing in addition, like just because your unconscious doesn’t mean your body wont go into shock when it gets cut into, or you do traumatic things to it… and none of those kind of “normal” reactions are good in a OR setting

4 Likes

Update:

Spoke to my installer. They’re going to have a go at removing it. They haven’t before so it will be a first. I’ll emla in the morning.

Update once it’s out!

3 Likes

Whoop whoop!

It’s out!

Used emla first thing and felt some rummaging around but not discomfort. Very pro job! And no fainting!

I’ll give the hole a chance to heal and then have the replacement put in a little to the ulna aspect.

3 Likes

:pbjtime: Nice!

Would you mind taking a high-res closeup of it on a white backround with no shadows? Asking for a friend, for Zinc :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Congrats on finally getting it out! Had an interesting time following your adventure in removal!

1 Like