Account Locked out

hey admin team
this is being sent on behalf of @NixieGeek, he had login issues and is unable to login anymore. He tried resetting the password, but, had issues with the password reset page where it kept taking him to 2FA page. He tried the “forgot password” which sent him a link to reset the password. However the passwd reset page did not seem to proceed beyond the “reset password” button click.

Can the forum site admin(s) please reset his account passwd and send him an email please.

thanks in advance
Nagi, (N0AGI)

i’ll check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

so… was the account set up with 2FA?

Hi Amal, 2FA was enabled via Authentication App. The 2FA dialog after the password reset takes to the secure key 2fa. Which was not the option chosen. Trust that helps. Thanks for looking into this.

Got the reset link and then it shows this page.

hi @amal - any thoughts ? Perhaps turning off 2FA on the admin front might do the trick ? Thanks

images-36

4 Likes

Haha I thought the same thing…

So 2FA … what type did you enable before you had problems? It seems the 2FA should still work the same way yeah?

I had the authenticator app. But, as you can see from earlier screen shot, the login system seems to think that I have a NFC card 2FA of some sort. I am not sure. Worse case, I will retire using @NixieGeek account and use the N0AGI account. Not a big deal.

please let me know either way. Thanks
nagi

thanking @amal for taking the time for unlocking my DT account- much appreciated.

3 Likes

Welcome back @NixieGeek!

IF IT IS REALLY IS YOU…

8 Likes

I checked IP logs to see the same IP used by both accounts… that’s what convinced me.

3 Likes

Thank you for putting an extra filter to validation.

indeed it’s me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Spoken like a true paladin danse

1 Like

He was the chosen one

1 Like