ACR122u - Classic 1k failed? Some insight from the experienced?

I had to pick a few things up on amazon and had some credit so I decided to pick up an ACR122u reader while I was at it.

Go the drivers and and software from here, read and dumped the test card that came with it, but reading the card I want to clone seems to have failed.

The failed card dump did produce 2 key files, it took almost 2 hours to finish, but never created a dump file.

It says to try to increase the probes but I’m note sure where to edit that.

Hopefully it wont be the case that I have to just get a Promark3 Easy.

1 Like

What happens when you scan with the MCT app?

2 Likes

Sector: 0
No keys found (or dead sector)

for both std.keys and extended-std.keys

1 Like

Tried with my ACR122 and the only classic1k card i own (school id)
Card dump only took 5-15 seconds.
It may be an issue with your test card?

1 Like

The test card worked and a few seconds also. It was the actual card I wanted to clone is the one that failed.

Card still works too, which has me confused slightly.

1 Like

by chance is the card a payment card? like a bus card or something that stores a balance?

No, It’s the programming card for my NFC front door lock.

yeah that software is old and only deals with the simple nested approach… a proxmark3 with iceman (dngr.us/pm3) has some more modern key cracking methods… the autopwn command is your friend.

2 Likes

dang, I knew I’d have to get one eventually though :yum:

I was going to wait to send the ACR122u back but decided, bugger it I’ll end up getting it anyway so I bought it :rofl:

1 Like

Quite frankly, I don’t know how anyone even remotely interested in dabbling in RFID can do without that tool.

2 Likes

It depends what you are looking to do with the implants I guess. At the moment I just want to make a copy of my programming card and put it on the xM1, and have a backup of it for the future.

On the upside, having the tool and lead you to tinker more than you would have if you only have what you need in that moment.

1 Like

You will always find a use for the ACR122u, mines mounted to the desk for Pc unlocking and general implant shenanigans, I hope to get a prox soon for more advanced fun, but even my ACR will be able to work for my classic 1k cloning of my school card

If you grab the password list from icemans and use it with Mct.

https://github.com/RfidResearchGroup/proxmark3/blob/master/client/dictionaries/mfc_default_keys.dic

1 Like