Animal identification rfid

Look at either the cyborg bundle or the NEXT by I self

One is 2 chips for 50$

The other is a single chip that does the same job of both for 80

I go to take the next I think is good

Yeah, there’s that too. I was just reacting to the “animal tags are unsafe” bit.

Yes i understand it’s not “sure” for human

Un implant FDX-B ne va pas te servir à grand chose. Si tu veux ouvrir des portes ou t’identifier au travail, un implant basse fréquence 125 kHz ou haute fréquence 13.56 MHz (NFC) sera bien plus utile. Mais bien sûr il te faut déterminer exactement quelle puce conviendra à ton application. Une fois que tu le sais, tu peux commander l’implant DT qui va bien.

La valeur ajoutée de DT, ce sont les tests qui permettent d’avoir une bonne certitude que l’implant est de bonne qualité, et pas de la merdouille chinoise.

A little bit of a derail but I tend to just scan it as a demonstration and since it still links to the store page because I never changed it, it pops up with a picture right away. Also the next (and probably others) come with the field detectors which can also be exple chips

Yea but there’s something different about being able to hold something

@bini

This may be of use, in case you haven’t already found it or aware

I only did a very little French a long time ago, but enough to understand this with out translation

That’s vernacular French, but it has enough of the standard French word in it to stay recognizable :slight_smile:

I just clicked on the translation button on my own post out of curiosity, and Google does a really good job of it - apart from another bit of vernacular French that it didn’t quite grasp.

Machine translation is something that never ceases to amaze me. I did some AI work in the late 80s, and when I see where we’re at today… Wow. And it gets better exponentially faster: only a few years ago, I was attending basic Finnish class, and our teacher told us “The best way to know that your Finnish sentence is wrong is to run it through Google Translate: if it comes out as understandable English, it’s probably incorrect.” Nowaways, this doesn’t hold true anymore: Google Translate does translate Finnish properly most of the time.

Interesting project! Best of luck with it :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

You can use your cheap chip in an accessory.
The other day we mentioned putting tag in watch strap or wallet.
But I’m sure, you can find out something even better.

@bini Let me be the first! Hello, and Welcome! =) =)

1 Like

I’m going to look an id to do with this. I’m sure I will find !

Yes the ia of translation is amazing. She help me a lots but I try to writ my self for learn better english

A bit late to the party, but the only use case for 134 kHz implants is if you are hardcore furry or something and your goal is like, in my case, this. Good if you are a big party animal, too.

I find your project interesting. :+1:
I can see it expanding rapidly if you include wearables as well. Let’s say you have a Furry gig, where you can buy a bracelet, or a cool collar and register that on your website.
:no_good_man: :no_good_man: :no_good_man:…but I’m not convinced, until the capsulation, soldering and the tech in general was tested for the lifespam of a human.
Also…
I know… these chips are smaller to avoid snapping during R&T play, rolling…etc, but an animal lives a shorter life, apart from :turtle:
So far @Backpackingvet was the ONLY person coming up with a well justified reason implanting other that human chips.

Some of my clients were vets and I had chat with them for hours about this topic.
They said NO straight up about implanting cheap chip to people.
It took me time to understand and my opinion is rock solid (and rather well researched) on this topic:

Make it nice, or make it twice.

I myself rather play safe.
To reinforce: @Thebys your idea is :love_you_gesture: cool af, I just don’t have enough research in front of me to warmly recommend getting cheap chip. Maybe you do. I admit not having extended knowledge about the tech side of the things… see my other comments. And I am very agreeable. I also accept the fact you (or others) know more about 134kHz chips. So feel free to tell me more @anyone.

1 Like

I definitely agree that implanting an animal implant to human is mostly a bad idea. Chinese chips sure are worse quality than Easytrac or Datamars. But I personally have just configured the LF T5577 in my NeXT to behave like FDX-B animal implant using my Proxmark3. I use T5577/Ntag216 animal implants only as cheap/free prov-chips, to test compatibility with customer systems, before they buy a DT implant and come to get chipped.

1 Like

As I said, I am easily convinced.

I sympathise with furrys a lot, I might explain the reason in a relevant topic, but I can see a (small) market for furry swags using animal chips.
I could totally imagine guys “sniffing” each other using built in readers and displays in their costumes. I know it sounds weird, but so as putting things under the skin, huh? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This seems like as good a topic as any to ask,

Picked up about 20 each of the China ntag and 5577 chips each to mess with 3D encapsulation or other projects

I absolutely will not be installing in myself or others

I’m expecting they will come with the bio bond coating on them, this is undesirable mostly for aesthetics

Is there any good known way of removing this? Any solvents I can soak it in? I remember you said it was kind of a bake on costing @amal so I’m guessing that doesn’t mean it will come off easy

BioBond™ data sheet,
There should be enough info in there, with a little chemistry knowledge ( or “google” ), you should find a solution [Pun] to remove the adhesive :wink:

1 Like

Three of my seven implants have a conformal coating, and one of them is in my hand and does indeed stick out very prominently, because it got anchored over the highest point of the thenar muscle instead of sliding back and going into hiding somewhere lower down, like my DT glassies have.

I don’t mind it. In fact, I use it as a show-and-tell when someone wonders what a glass implant feels like or look like. It’s also one implant that my queasy workmate can’t stand looking at.

I’m one of the few who actually like conformal coatings.

I love this as an idea and I hope all goes well for you! I had a friend who had her dog’s ashes mixed into tattoo ink so that she could do the same.