Annual Cyborg Meet-up šŸ¤–

Hereā€™s another vote for a meetup in Europe.

At least 80% of the point of any meetup/con ever created.

2 Likes

Yeah, and you wouldnā€™t want to be penetrated in a convention of grinders now, would you? :slight_smile:

== Bah Dum Dah ==
Thank you! Iā€™ll be here all week.

1 Like

If it could be bolted onto the defcon week or so it would fit nicely

3 Likes

Yā€™all are crazy.

2 Likes

giphy (22)

3 Likes

Maybe not this year, I canā€™t move my holiday from May to an other date.
But next year - give me a date in the and of december 2020 and I can fly next year . Only 3 month would be difficult: July, August (summerholiday for kids - so parents come first and then the other people) and December: no one is allowed to go on holiday.

I will fly from Austria :slight_smile:

2 Likes

TromsĆø(Norway) - NY - TromsĆø, is atm at 3500 USD, so as much as Iā€™d like to go i still canā€™t make the trip :sob:

1000 USD for a long weekend/week in an European town would be okay, but just flight to NY at 3500 is to much :open_mouth:

BTW, if anyone has a good link to cheap trips, please DM me with links :grin:

I think the original idea was Seattle not NY.

Round trip from TOS to SEA is about $750 USD with Scandinavian Airlinesā€¦ At least for me picking random dates in august on Google Flights

2 Likes

Flight costs in/out of the US are also EXTREMELY hard to predict right now, due to gestures vaguely at everything so pricing things out, even with future dates is not likely to reflect reality all that closely

5 Likes

True. You can look at price history as well but yeah atm flights are a bit all over the place. The one I just looked at was showing the $750 flight as $440 USD below the average year round price for that same trip. But itā€™s likely easier to cross that bridge when we get to it.

2 Likes

Iā€™d go. Flights from Atlanta are seemingly inexpensive, ~$150. As long as Iā€™d have enough time to plan tickets and time off from work Iā€™ll be there.

3 Likes

I say we do it twice once in the US and once in Europe so we all get to have our pre-teen-like sleepover with Amal. I wouldnā€™t mind helping coordinate the European one and keep it budget friendly.

5 Likes

Yeah yeah charging stations for everyoneā€¦

9 Likes

Haha, that is awesome.
Well played sir!

3 Likes

@amal 2024? Campaign slogan? :laughing:

4 Likes

Charging into the future!

5 Likes

ā€œA charger in every bunk, and chip in every armā€ā€¦ - shortest 2024 presidential run, Guinness Book of World Records, 2025

6 Likes

You really should get more subshineā€¦ Incidentally, whoā€™s the tall dude on the left?

6 Likes

Iā€™m down! just need a time/place. Lol, definitely might be awhile before this happens though

1 Like