Any General RFID/NFC Literature Recommendations?

Although this forum has been a treasure trove of information, I’m kind of struggling to grasp the nitty-gritty of RFID in general. I would love to learn the ins and outs on what is now very much a part of me.

Any suggestions of good jumping off points? I’m talking about textbooks, websites, videos, etc.

I’m aware Amal wrote a book back in the day. I’m thinking of grabbing a used copy. Does anyone know how well it covers the subject?

Thanks in advance. You guys have been a huge help to me.

1 Like

just quickly, have you watched RFID basics on DT channel?
I do own the book but it is not with me at the moment, But yes it covered the RFID topic very well with some good projects. A lot of the material is out of date including links to websites etc but the information is still accurate as the laws of physics haven’t changed :wink:

2 Likes

I have watched that video. I thought it was great. I guess I’m just hungry for more.

I’ll have to grab a copy of the book. They go for a pretty reasonable price at the moment. Merry Christmas to me, I guess. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you find out anything interesting, let us know!

1 Like

Oh, absolutely!

So, I spent the last little while searching around and stumbled across a couple wikipedia articles that are pretty helpful.

Here’s one on MIFARE cards
And on RFID in general

I found a couple of links to some pretty affordable textbooks on the subject. They are a bit old, but I’m not too sure if that makes them any less valid. For the price of a used copy, I might buy them just to see what they got.

RFID Essentials
RFID: Radio Frequency Identification

One of the issues I’m running into is a lot of potential online resources on the subject seem to be catered specifically to inventory management. Bummer.

Oh, I have also been working on an unlisted YouTube playlist connected to my xNT implant. Kind of just as an agglomeration of my favorite videos on the subject.

3 Likes