Anyone tried apps like TagInfo through an Android smart watch?

Learning Samsung watches have their own OS called Tizen. I’ve never looked into watches at all so I’m really behind the curve. Looks like they can read NFC tags…well the API has the ability

https://docs.tizen.org/application/native/guides/connectivity/nfc/

Not a huge fan of Samsung’s current offerings…

Why not? I’ve only ever used a Samsung watch so I’m probably bias but I think it’s one of the best “overall” smart watches around and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to go to another watch after getting used to the rotating bezel, it’s super nice and convenient

Just aesthetically they are ginormous to me.

So can you get it to read tags?

1 Like

Ok that’s fair, personally I like big rather than I tiny barely usable screen but to each their own.

Me personally? Not sure, like I said I’ve never done any smart watch dev work before and I haven’t done any Android dev work in a few years.

I’ll look into it when I have time but I’m sure there’s more qualified people around here that can do a better job though.

1 Like

Have you looked at the PineTime?
Cheap Open Source Linux based developers watch :watch:
I know it is low profile, but I am guessing it doesn’t have NFC as even the PinePhone doesn’t, let me grab you a link so you can check it out…
If it doesnt, maybe it will come in the future

BLE but didn’t see NFC, might be a good way to wean you back onto wearing a watch :interrobang:

Oops, sorry, got confused who said what… gotcha.

1 Like

If this was meant for me, sorta kinda not really :sweat_smile: ( picture somebody rubbing their hands over a watch, then rubbing their watch over their hands )

Give me a bit, :clock1: and ill get back to you

No, just having a senior moment. I didn’t realize that @Doubt6 was the same one who said

Thought it was someone new to the convo…

Not pushing anyone to do anything, especially attempt to code anything.

I actually just went to best buy to see if they had the Duo demo yet, and saw the samsung watch line. Honestly It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. The only one that was real was the Watch3 and where the NFC antenna is, they had some security thing in the way so couldn’t really play with it.

I had not seen that. That would have been cool if it had NFC. The price certainly is right… lol.

1 Like

I use mine (galaxy watch 1) every day with Samsung pay and I never had an issue with it yet so I think the antenna is pretty good. I just tested it with taginfo and it reads at about an inch away, I have an easier time reading my watch then I do most cards

1 Like

I agree metric please dear god
Edit: Someone wanna show me how to quote one section of a post

2 Likes

On a desktop browser, you just select the text (like you were going to copy it ) and hit the popup button “quote” or you can hit any of the reply buttons. You can do it multiple times too and each time it adds the quote to your reply. Never replied on mobile so I can’t speak for that.

1 Like

Thanks man (did this so I could test lol)

To add to Turbos browser info, Same as on a phone, Just highlight the test, you will get the usual Copy, Share, select all, That you can also move by dragging it if it is in the way.
But you will also get a Quote bubble

1 Like

These might come in handy for the forum orientation
@discobot start tutorial
@discobot start advanced tutorial

1 Like

Sorry to bump a thread from so long ago but im wondering if anything has been found on the wear os side?

i need a new phone but the one i want most doesn’t have nfc so if my watch could just do it then i don’t need to worry about it

1 Like

What phone?

1 Like

Not set in stone yet but I was thinking of a moto g power. Most of the other ones in looking at also don’t have nfc either because I’m looking in the budget end. I could go with an older flagship but it would just be easier if this watch could work