Apex Mega or Flex + Which X?

I have been researching all the implants for a while and decided that I will definitely be getting an Apex series implant but I am unsure as to which to get between the Flex and Mega. I just really want to understand it all before pulling the trigger and getting my hand butchered lol

My main concern is that the Mega is rather big and if I get it on P2 as I planned it will often flex as I move my tendons around which would induce fatigue. The Flex is much smaller and can hopefully get wedged between the tendons to prevent the issue.
I know the wrist is an option, but it won’t work for me since I wear the apple watch where the chip would be and the right wrist would not work since I want easy access with the phone when held in my right hand.

While I am implanting stuff, I decided to go all the way in and also get an X series for potentially emulating keycards and other fun stuff. I just wanted to get the most flexible of devices for this kind of application and I am really confused about all the standards.

I see the NExT supports two frequencies but I am not sure if that means that it is compatible with all the clonable RFID/NFC chips or if I need something like the xM1 gen 2 with a writable sector 0 instead.

So to put it briefly:
If I wanted to get the implants all at once to get all the capabilities possible that still allow me to get an MRI (no magnets, also not interested in the temperature sensor) which chips would I need to get it all in the lowest number of implants possible?

2 Likes

In my opinion, for the average person, the xMagic (Or the FlexMT which has the same chips) is the most powerful implant in terms of cloning day-to-day cards. The t5577 will handle most LF cloning, and the Magic Mifare Classic chip is very popular for HF as well. It’s what I plan on getting next for that reason

Ugh, that reminds me, I need to find a new place and installer for my NExT

1 Like

Thank you, that clears stuff up! The xMagic seems like the best I can get in addition to an Apex, yeah the LEDs are fun but for practical reasons being able to use the chip discreetly without freaking people out seems like a bonus.

So I guess I will go with the xMagic and Apex Flex/Mega. If the Flex has enough performance for any reader to read it reliably then I guess I should just stop complicating matters and leave the Mega be.

By the way, I have seen some open-source JavaCard password managers with some phone apps and stuff, but the projects appear to be abandoned.

Are there any plans to make the Apex devices password managers as well? I would love it to be honest.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, Vivokey wisely chose to spend their time and money developing other applets, because you can use the Fido2 applet with the trusted and off the shelf KeepassXC.

2 Likes

I am currently running a self-hosted instance of BitWarden on a 2U server at home. The thing is I love the idea of the data being actually inside my body, the safest it can be.

1 Like

Keepassxc doesn’t currently support fido2 creds for unlocking the kdbx file.

I’m working on it.

Yes, it makes more sense to store a key on the implant used to get access to secrets stored elsewhere than to store the secrets on the implant. But either is technically possible.

2 Likes

What are you doing here being all helpful and shit?
Get back to work

jim-carrey-jim-carrey-typing

:rofl:

Anyway, Right you are

HMAC-SHA1 is the best option…for now

2 Likes

Well, if you want it now, you can use Implement framework for flexible 2FA by BryanJacobs · Pull Request #373 · libkeepass/pykeepass · GitHub with keepasspy instead of using keepassxc. That will create, open, and save keepass 4.0 files (kdbx) with any number of FIDO2 authenticators interchangeably.

I did the Python implementation first, and the C++ one is coming now.

1 Like