Are the Apex Ring & Z-1 Encrypter Ring the same product?

Are the Apex Ring and the Z-1 Encrypter Ring the same product? They both appear to be rings using the same chipset as the Apex Flex. Is the distinction that they’re sold by different companies?

The site is linked to from the Apex Manager app

That site is good awful!
I wonder if it’s the same person that made the blue/pink cyberpunk looking implant site.

Yes it’s a partner using the Apex chipset. We will have more partners coming on board soon too.

1 Like

Sooo… Is this an xApex?

Wow 32mm long, that seems concerningly long no? I’m no expert but I would assume that makes it more prone to cracking/shattering?

Curious what a Z-1 Scanner is, ACR reader?

2 Likes

Technically true, however nobody knows yet if that increase in risk is actually relevant or if it’s insignificant, or if it can be mitigated.

1 Like

An apex glassie … How is the coupling?

Are you making the implant/glass housing or itls it made by a third party?

Details in da club :wink:

1 Like

I know there is a lot of good stuff there and I’ve been wanting to get there for a while, but the “monthly” thing is kinda turning me off … But I’ll get over it eventually :grin:

2 Likes

Totally get that

I know this is a bit old but thought I’d resurrect it. 32mm is long! Where would you even put that with it being rigid? I was wondering about the dorsal aspect of my non-dominant forearm, kind of nestled between the radius and ulna, pretty much mid shaft but slightly lateral to midline (a smidge toward the ulna) just for a little more allowance when doing rotational movement.

Any thoughts?

I tried telling my Mrs that, she doesn’t believe me.

I’ve had 2 @ 38mm Flex Implants, and some smaller flexies.
As they sit flat, there is very little worry for damage.

A 32mm glassie is about twice as long as the longest one DT make.
If a glassie was going to be that long, I would only consider it if.
a. It was resin filled
b. It was something I couldnt get in a flexie.

As the product does not yet exist(as far as I know), and it is basically a Vivokey Apex Flex / FlexSecure.
If that’s the functionality you wanted, I would reccomend one of those

To answer your forearm question

I have 2 forearm implants (Flexies), It is a good spot for reading with a phone, for other readers it can be a little more difficult depending on the reader.

If/when payment support comes to external Apex devices like rings, will both the Apex Ring and any partner devices receive it at the same time? Or does DT/Vivokey and third-party partners have to negotiate and get things set up with Fidesmo separately?

1 Like

Yes same time

3 Likes