Australia payment chips

Hi,

I’ve done a search of the forum as well as obsessively investigating google over the past few days and can’t find a payment chip able to work in Australia.

Is there anything I’m missing or is there anything I should be keeping an eye on that is likely to come up? Given I can’t remember the last time I didn’t use contactless payment via my bank card an implant for Australia seems only logical.

I’ve searched everywhere, including prepaid gift cards and overseas accounts that might work here but with Westpac dropping their wearables I can’t find anything.

Even my 10 year old daughter has a tap and go card from www.spriggy.com.au which is the simplest money on a card system out there. How hard would it be for a company to get on board with setting up something similar and offering wearables (implants might scare them at the start)?

Of course, immediately after posting my google fu turned up this:

Www.zaap.com.au

Anyone have any experience with their wearables. It seems a pain to pay $20 and open an account just so I can chop out the chip to see how big it is and if it is suitable for conversion to an implant.

Thx is going to be the big mystery… purewrist in the USA had a similar 3 year expiry claim… turned out their chips were manufactured 2 years ago and people ended up with an implant with about a year’s life left. Since this is a prepaid card they are limited to a maximum of 3 years from the date of manufacture. I’d find out what the actual expiration date is on the wristband before sending for dngr.us/conversion

Thanks, I didn’t realise it was from the date of manufacture. I’ll have to look into it more.