BBC article just put up

I assumed that the journalist made the mistakes not that you had misled him.

Funny I gave some of the information for this and its almost all wrong :upside_down_face:

Edit:
Might be coincidence but I was talking to a bbc journalist about the walletmor implant specifically.

1 Like

Add 30 years and you would be right. I know that the age spread on here is pretty wide, and it isn’t relevant, it’s only when someone makes cultural references that you can really guess at their age. If it wasn’t for the grey in my beard you might not guess my real age.

9 Likes

you look like a multiverse amal from a world where everyone is pirate-adjacent. 10/10

9 Likes

No wonder you don’t have any implants, with a mustache like that you’d collapse into a coolness singularity

7 Likes

Captain Hook! You survived!?

3 Likes

Everyone is talking about the mustache, but that hair is fantastic.

I’ve grown my hair out a few times (including now), never looked that good.

Would have 0 idea you were in your fifties. Younger than my dad, but older than my mom.

5 Likes

in case you ask: I was just asked to answer the questions, which were followed by the FAQ document that we sent out to the journalist. I will follow her up later today to correct everything that you guys mentioned here.

Thanks for your contribution :wink:

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

i just tweeted at her instead.

2 Likes

Just talked to her and they are sorting all the issues now. We should have an update soon

4 Likes

I also contacted the journalist and the editor, I found 10 mistakes. Unfortunately not all were fixed (such as the x-ray of the different implant that’s not a Walletmor).

3 Likes

“Back in the Netherlands, Mr Pauman’s payment chip has a built-in LED light that is kinetically-powered by the moment of his body” this one just pains me to read ,payment chip with an LED and kinetically powered? I need myself one of these.

Looks like you’re reading an old version of the article? The article has been updated since it was published. Multiple mistakes have been corrected, including the typo in my last name in that snippet.

4 Likes

Oh I see, I still had the article from this morning opened. It reads a lot better now, I think it would’ve been nice for them to include a video of it working too :slight_smile:

I think I learned my lesson with VICE I think,

I’d love to do a proper interview, but I the potential to be either accidentally or intentionally misquoted, and then our “expert” (not me) perspective on what WE are doing is downplayed, and people who have no understanding, their concerns are held to equal or greater significance

Still a couple errors in the article

I fully believe they know this isn’t correct, but the pictures are too good for them to no use

3 Likes

I did inform the journalist and editor that the x-ray photo doesn’t show a Walletmor implant.

Also I sent:

"Text under photo: “Mr Paumen’s has a contactless chip under the skin of his left hand, and it lights up when a payment is made”

That is not where I have the contactless payment implant, the contactless payment implant doesn’t light up when a payment is made because it doesn’t contain an LED. The xLED implant pictured in the photo only lights up if I hold that implant near a contactless payment terminal, but it wouldn’t light up if I make a payment with the contactless payment implant because the distance is too big between the xLED implant and the contactless payment implant."

So yeah, in my opinion it’s already an improvement. In position L0 I do have an xNT next to the xLED HF.
Even though the xLED HF doesn’t contain a chip, it would light up when held next to contactless payment terminal that’s actively scanning for a contactless payment chip.

4 Likes

Oh the article is already very improved from the “charging from movement” sillyness

But they need to say they picture are from a standard x series X-ray, and the led is “another example of an rfid implant”

But they likely don’t want to because they are flashy and eye catching photos

4 Likes

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to just go back to the person you interviewed and say “hey, this is what we’re about to publish. Does it look correct?”

3 Likes

Because it assumes they want more accuracy and less spin

4 Likes