BDYHAX is shutting down. When one door closes

Hi folks (and Amal!) Super sad about BDYHAX ending. I know they tried hard to make it work on a shoestring budget but it just doesn’t seem like it was the right time. It brought a lot of great people together, though, and I’m excited to see what grows out of it!

Meanwhile, some of us are actually organizing a more grassroots event here in Pittsburgh, PA this September: PLEASE TRY THIS AT HOME is a community-driven DIY biotech unconference focused around fleshing out the radical politics inherent in the biohacking movement.

If you were at BDYHAX this year, you might’ve seen our fliers for it: Please Try This at Home - Sat, Sep 14th 2019

It’s our second year doing the event. Last year’s was super fun and hopefully this year will be even better. Our web presence is still a bit preliminary at this point but if people in this thread are interested in getting involved, please drop us a line!

Email: pleasetrythis@riseup.net
Twitter: @pleasetryathome
pleasetrythisathome.net

2 Likes

I’d love to throw in any help I can here, I have about a decade of event promotion/production experience and (half) a bachelor’s degree in music business from Berklee, with a focus on live events. I’m currently based on Vancouver Island but am moving to the UK. Anything I can do to help, I’m there. Cheers!

1 Like

I’m interested in a non-VR thing. I don’t have a VR setup and can’t really afford one, not even the least expensive one.

However, I’m very interested in perhaps helping somehow. I’m very much financially limited to travel and things like that though. I’m very much in favor of this kind of conference, convention, etc. though The biohacking and implant thing has been an interest of mine since before I did my own first implant in 2005. I may be behind, compared to others, in getting newer implants but I’m approaching this with my financial limitations and true usefulness of this stuff within my life. However, I’m adding some implants soon this month (9/2019).

There’s definitely a future for it and so many benefits to the technology involved in it. I wish it was more widely accepted by general people and professionals. I think hospitals, EMTs and others could use this to identify people and get their medical records a lot easier using this stuff when it comes to that aspect of this. This stuff could save lives if it was accepted and implemented within the medical community.

I know I’m saying obvious things that we all know but I meet a lot of people, as most of us have I’m sure, who misunderstand, misjudge and don’t realize the benefits and capability of these things. I’m constantly having to explain the truth about the technology and dispel the negative rumors and paranoia people have about this stuff. Unfortunately, I’m only one person but I do what I can. If there was a conference and more information about it perhaps we could help people understand the advantages of what’s available and what it can do.

2 Likes

I was so bummed about it being cancelled. I didn’t go last year and told myself next year. Note I’m kicking myself in the ass.

Should have it in Texas. It’s Central of the country :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

if your still doing this nex yea im all in but no way i can make it this year

I’ve been having chats with Biohack the Planet coordinators… I think it makes sense to build that event up and try to make it into a new home for us rather than attempt to raise a phoenix here.

1 Like

I’ve got a VR headset, ping me if you need anyone to dick around in VR with. I’ve got the Oculus rift v2

I’ve got vr as well. Let me know if/when this goes down

1 Like