BIG gun safe RFID conversion

Might be starting a new related project

This is a electronic shotgun rack out of a cop car,
I’ve had this bouncing around my junk bin for a few years before I got into the implant stuff

Rigging a XACv2 to this might be fun

Thinking/planning that if in the near future we are able to get a house, most of my gun stuff will be relegated to a room elsewhere

The backup key mechanism is a handcuff key
:expressionless:, super duper secure… that’s going to need to be replaced or disabled

Thing that’s got me scratching my head is how to make it electronically “secure”

It’s just power in to the solonoid, so in theory a crafty kid it teenager could just apply power and pop it open
Yes I know that’s involved, but it’s possible enough I don’t like it

I think I might need to somehow mechanically cover/shield the wires

Add 6 more wires. Let 'em guess which ones do what.

-OR-

The xAC v2 has a normally open / closed relay.
Wire 1 goes to ground.
Wire 2 goes to relay. NO is =12v, and NC is ground.

That way if someone tries to hotwire it, then the 12v charge they apply will short direct to ground back through the relay instead of operating the release mechanism.

When the xAC operates normally, wire 2 is disconnected from ground and connected to 12v, causing the lock to open.

1 Like

Use 2 for a tamper loop, bonus point if it can render the firearm unusable if tampered with (even if removed from the lock).

knew the lock was hot garbage, was planning to glue it shut quite frankly lol
Interesting… I tried the same magnetic attack, and nothing…

either way I cant secure what I want without putting in more effort buying a single rifle safe and adapting it to an Xacv2 same as before… why make it harder on myself…

like I said, I just found it in a random bin as I was going thru stuff, it was put in said random bin because I couldn’t come up with a good way to make it work standalone… figured RFID may have solved it… but I think its more hassle than its worth…

I may still build something out of it, but nothing I would trust leaving it unsupervised with kids

1 Like