Broken FlexM1 Magic

Gmail - VB_ Broken implant.pdf (544.5 KB)

My flex m1 magic implant broke this June after less than a year of being installed. I bought it from KSEC and contacted them about it. They reffered me here. I would mostly like a new implant to re-do it.

Also my NExT card that I bought from you a few years back is also broken, but maybe that should be a separate topic? I don’t care to much about that, other than that I dislike having so many broken implants in me.

As you might know already, the flexM1 has a history of failures at the moment, and is being reworked:

In the meantime, if you’re certain the implants are broken, you should hit the orange help button on the DT main site as shown in the email (Looks like this: :help:). That way you can get a support ticket started all proper like

I seem to recall DT wanting video of Flex series installs to verify the fact that no tools were used for warranty claims, but I can’t say for sure what they require on a case-by-case basis

I’d be interested to hear what you’ve tried with the implants, and maybe we could troubleshoot them a little and verify their broken status. Especially the NExT, as the x-series should be quite a bit more robust than the FlexM1

1 Like

Great. Than you very much for taking the time!

The FlexM1 I was using for entering my school buildings up until June when one day it didn’t let me in any more. I tried reading it with the arduino reader I had also used to write to it but with no luck. I also tried to write to it, but since it couldn’t read there was also no luck. I receive no errors either - it’s as if though there were no card there.

For the NExT I have fewer ways to check wether it works. I have used it for entrance to my apartment building, and it has worked sporadically. Either because the chip itself has been unstable or because the readers are - I really have no good way of knowing.

I have used this: 125KHz RFID Duplicator Key Copier Reader Writer 1 1 176a | Fyndiq to read and write to the chip for the 125 kHz part, and it has worked well for a long time.

For the NFC half of it the only way I could reliably read or write to it was using a Samsung phone, however I have an iPhone now so I have no way of getting to it now. I don’t care much about the NFC half anyways, the 125 kHz is much more important

My guess would be that it’s just a coupling issue, and not a failing implant.

This mod for that cloner may interest you and help you get better performance:

The LF side of the NExT is vulnerable to bricking due to poor connection during writing, so everything you can do to get a better connection helps.

If you have a relatively recent iphone, you should be able to read nfc tags with it, I believe the antenna is usually in the top edge, but you can look for your specific model in the NFC Phone Performance Wiki for more specific advise

2 Likes

True thr T5577 chip has little to no tear protection and can brick. Some have had luck running through a test mode recovery though;

2 Likes

indeed!

1 Like