Can I Have Escape Tools Implanted in My Hand?

I couldnt answer that sorry, but you could get a polymer one and modify it to “universal”

1 Like

Yeah; I just realized halfway through the video that the video was instructions on how to modify standard handcuff keys yourself. I know they make titanium cuff keys; I could probably modify one of those. :upside_down_face:

Maybe encase a piece of diamond wire in a hard biopolymer before installation that you can break off easily after extraction? Not sure what material you would use but someone here might have an idea I’m sure.

1 Like

My 2 cents of input / experience in this area

This is mostly a Hollywood fueled daydream

Having a key sounds like a great plan, until someone actually handcuffs you correctly

When done correctly the key hole is ridiculously hard to reach, and when double locked you can’t shim them
(I was handcuffed in this manner and handed the tools, and I no longer entertain the idea)

Handcuff keys are everywhere, and yet there are only a handful of cases of people getting out of handcuffs in police custody… in line with error rate of cuffs not being applied tight and pulling out

If you are serious, there’s a dozen better places to focus efforts to PREVENT yourself from winding up in that situation

In addition, assuming your end goal isn’t to attempt to escape police custody, if you are ever arrested you run the risk of a “smuggling contraband into jail” charge

8 Likes

Sparrow makes this little guy :yum:
(Disclaimer: I’ve worked with them on some projects, but not this one. I’m not affiliated with them in any way, just like their products)

In the US, a lawyer on retainer is your best bet …

2 Likes

I meant, more specifically situation awareness… victim selection deselection,and criminal mindset stuffs, lethal \ less lethal training… verbal judo \ descalation etc

why make plans to escape after being kidnapped and instead of dealing with much easier and lower hanging fruit

the best way to win the fight is to see it coming and avoid it

7 Likes

@Eriequiet

And what makes you think I haven’t already done all that? I’ve been turning my mind and body into a weapon for over a decade to make myself not afraid anymore. That’s never going to happen though; as much as I know; as much as I can do, I am ALWAYS going to be afraid. There’s always going to be someone out there who knows more than I do, and it terrifies me. It doesn’t matter how much training and preparation and verbal judo you know. Shit happens. You could be fucking Jet Li and STILL get your ass kicked by a gang of assholes, and when you’re beaten unconscious, you’re just as weak, powerless, and vulnerable as everybody else. Who knows if, when or where you’ll wake up; let alone what you’ll have to do to escape if you are fortunate enough to wake up. The sad fact of the matter is that you CAN’T avoid or prevent every horrible thing that could happen to you. Doesn’t matter if you have the best situational awareness on the planet; you can still get SUCKER PUNCHED in a countless number of ways.
…Nobody’s untouchable. :pensive:

Sooo YEAH. Instead of telling me how much I need to learn how to pay attention to my surroundings, (as if I haven’t spent years studying psychology and body-language already), how about pointing me in the direction of what I actually came here to learn how to do? Yes; it’s extreme. Fucking humor me lol. I wouldn’t be considering something this extreme if I felt like everything else was “good enough”. :roll_eyes:

In addition, assuming your end goal isn’t to attempt to escape police custody, if you are ever arrested you run the risk of a “smuggling contraband into jail” charge

…That is actually one of my many goals; I’m planning on doing some not-so-very-nice things to some not-so-very-nice people, and I can’t have myself getting arrested prematurely. If all goes according to plan, the police won’t know what’s happening until it’s too late to do anything to stop it, and I’m thousands of miles away on a tropical beach sipping margaritas in a country with no extradition treaties with the US. …But we all know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. :unamused:

If you feel you’ve already taken care of all other power hanging fruit, then by all means go for it…

I’m just used to people ignoring lower hanging fruit in pursuit or flashy or niche thing

I would recommend having someone place you in handcuffs, double locked, key opposite of hands, and see if you can even do get them unlocked,

No point in smuggling the key if you can’t make it work…

2 Likes

I know I can. I had several pairs of handcuffs as a kid that I’d practice with from every angle, and thanks primarily to my Gymnastics and Aikido training, my wrists are super flexible. You have to do a series of stretches and exercises specifically for your wrists before each lesson so that they don’t get broken when practicing the techniques. I also have long, skinny piano-playing fingers, (see the previously posted image where I dislocated my thumb.) :wink:

I literally have zero worries about being able to feel and reach the key hole on at least one of the cuffs. :+1:

So in short, get a cuff key custom machined out of titanium grade 1 or 2 metal (pure titanium) and just put that under your skin. Nothing special. The blade… not likely practical.

1 Like

@amal : The key might be too noticeable under my skin. …Is that all this site specializes in; subdermal implants? I was hoping to hide it under a muscle. The blade might be easier to hide directly under my skin, as it lays relatively flat…the little protector though might make a bump…but I kinda doubt anyone restraining me would be able to make the connection that I have razor blade hidden in my hand based solely on a small line-shaped bump; it’s not as immediately obvious as a handcuff-key-shaped bump. :sweat_smile:

Hmmm…wonder if I’d be able to hide the key inside the top of my forearm instead of in my hand…if I could get the blade out easily enough, getting the key out of my arm would be a lot easier. :thinking:

Wouldn’t the milling marks, let alone the large cup end be prime for biofouling?

Yea that’s a bit more rare around here, you may run afoul quickly of local laws governing what body piercers can do depending on area

First, everything under your gripping and bending tissues is out, so its not going “in” the inside of your hand
…I don’t make the rules, it’s just bad juju for various reasons

Look up the implant sutra on the forum, and think of it as a flexEM, but probably a bit longer

Inside forearm, is big iffy, there’s a lot more arteries on the inside of your arm

Second, if you put it in your outside forearm, which is the most feasible location for the key (Amal said the blade is not feasible, and he’s the knowledge fountain)

How exactly are you going to be able to reach, an opposing forearm, while in handcuffs that keep your arms opposed?

I’m not poopoo-ing… I’m just point out points of concern… you are ultimately free to do whatever

You should maybe post a picture of your hands in handcuffs behind your back, and show the areas you can reach…. Just a thought

I’m sure someone will make a crack… looking at you pilgrim

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the milling marks, let alone the large cup end be prime for biofouling?

What’s biofouling? :thinking:

Yea that’s a bit more rare around here, you may run afoul quickly of local laws governing what body piercers can do depending on area

What would I have to do in order to do it myself? :grimacing:
…Might also be able to bribe a body piercer into running afoul of those aforementioned local laws. :sweat_smile:

Inside forearm, is big iffy, there’s a lot more arteries on the inside of your arm

Indeed; big reason it wasn’t my first choice lol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How exactly are you going to be able to reach, an opposing forearm, while in handcuffs that keep your arms opposed?

I’ve been handcuffed by police a few times, (not experimentally, unfortunately lol.) Every time the tops of my forearms were facing each other, enabling them to be reached by the opposing hand. You can turn your hands in the cuffs if they’re loose enough so that your inner forearms are facing each other, but it doesn’t feel as natural for me. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I’m not poopoo-ing… I’m just point out points of concern… you are ultimately free to do whatever

No worries at all; whole reason I’m here is to find the points of concern; totally appreciated! :blush:

You should maybe post a picture of your hands in handcuffs behind your back, and show the areas you can reach…. Just a thought

I could probably do that; if the local Sportman’s Warehouse is anything like the one back in Alaska, they should have a relatively cheap pair of Smith & Wesson Handcuffs I could experiment with. Hell, toy handcuffs from the supermarket would be sufficient for this purpose lol. :sweat_smile:

Instead of depth I would go for subdermal fat tissue to hide the key… legs? You might have a high pain tolerance but messing with muscle is probably one of the most painful things ever.

Biofouling might be an issue if we’re talking deep implantation but a fully encapsulated subdermal location of less risky. More friction, blood flow, and immune response near the skin.

3 Likes

Instead of depth I would go for subdermal fat tissue to hide the key… legs?

What about towards the upper buttocks? :thinking:

Seems fairly fatty, plus it’s easier to get to with my hands cuffed behind me while in a seated position than my legs would be; I don’t want to have to lift or bend my body or reach super far, because it could telegraph my intentions; best to appear as cooperative as possible for them to let their guard down and escape during transit. I’m assuming in this scenario that they frisked me, found all my readily available escape tools, and confiscated them, leaving me with just the escape tools hidden in my body.
…Always plan on the plan going to shit lol. :sweat_smile:

Just had a thought. If it’s unfeasible to implant such tools under your skin, perhaps you could use a false/prosthetic skin to cover them and learn to blend it in. Kinda like silicone movie/SFX prosthetics. If done well enough, a would-be kidnapper probably wouldn’t look twice at it, and it could be easily ripped off revealing the tools in case of emergency.

In fact, The Modern Rouge has a video about concealing escape tools where they use a prosthetic scar to conceal a razor blade, as well as concealing a blade in their hairline, a handcuff key in a fake bloody bandage, as well as a more… ahem …extreme concealment option. Might be worth a watch.

6 Likes

Oooh, that is a good idea. :face_with_monocle:

You’ll lose a lot of blood if it’s use is necessary; but it’s definitely possible.

Instead of titanium; I’d recommend another biosafe material and instead of the entire key, one cut in half. Would have the same functionality and be a bit easier to carry subdermally. Unfortunately I am forced to carry Smith & Wesson everywhere I go and would prefer a subdermal implementation.

This is something that should actually be sold on ksec. We should start a petition.

@amal lol

2 Likes

@amal this needs to be a thing. Smith & Wesson (3d printed copy) key encapsulated at something biosafe.

1 Like

You can easily break out of handcuffs if you’ve got the strength to do so (tren helps); though you’ll just loose a LOT of blood.

1 Like