Can one of these chips start a car?

I dont want to spoil it, so I will just say, it is one of the slightly more … “unique” installs I have seen.

As someone who does a lot of crafty / makery stuff I LOVE the absolute chaos of the fiberglassing part of the video. It’s an honest view of what the first time for anything new looks like!

1 Like

Well now I was some door pops too…

1 Like

Oh, yeah, totally, he’s a character to be sure and completely relatable.

To be clear, the install I was referring to, was the implant.
Which starts around the 1:00:25 mark

You guys are expensive friends to have

2 Likes

michael-scott-youre-welcome

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I figured that, LOL!

High level Gun friends are so much worse :joy:
The running joke is drugs would be cheaper
I’ve spent more on a single gun than all of my implants combined :sweat_smile:

I’m trying to justify 3-5k for nightvision

1 Like

Can you see in the dark without it ???

ea0On

Justified

Cool, mind if I borrow 5k? I’ll let you use it once a blue moon

Just dip into your Wedding fund.

The wedding is for one day…NVGs will last you for many years

And with that, we have officially derailed this thread

:rofl:

Sorry @maine , it’s just what we do

wallace-and-gromit-wallace

1 Like

I have plenty of those friends too… good lord, lets just focus on implants and car mods.

this is the most fun I’ve had with clothes on in months. You guys are doing great haha. honestly, very helpful.

1 Like

Back on topic,

I’m (still) planning to use an xACv2 to lock unlock my car…

The reader inside the car and the antenna coil against a piece of glass (likely small triangle next to side mirror)

And then I’ll wire the XACv2 to a remote fob to lock / unlock the car… since I have no easy access to the wiring

My only snag is, the xACv2 gets great read range, but sucks down a lot more juice and I don’t feel like killing my car in a couple days to a week of not using it, so I want to rig a switch up, sticking out of the bottom of my side mirror that is either a momentary, or on/off that will control power to the reader

My current hurdles are I don’t wanna rip my door apart myself, every time I work on cars something goes wrong or won’t go back together… and I’ve got no good car peoples that are able or willing to help

Might pay a audio install place to run 12v power and install the switch for me

I also need to get an understanding of which flip flop / latching relays I need / want, so that the reader will cause an unlock command on first scan, and a lock command on the second and repeat

1 Like

So nnoowwwww im thinking I want the implant in my palm on my right hand, put a reader on the roof to unlock, add door poppers to all the doors and a hidden button near all the doors, another reader in the car to lock them, and one more near the column to start and stop the engine.

This feels like a solid plan to me. What I need for help from you fine gentleman, is the knowledge of what items exactly I’ll need for this.

1 Like

It’s best to avoid implanting these things on the gripping side of the hand. I’d recommend reading this post as it should help you plan the chip installation:

1 Like

that was a good read. Maybe I’ll look into #5. Im also pretty interested in the magnets in ,y fingertips.

I think Roscos foot implant, is still a very valid Car entry option. Hands free

You could even put some foam covering the antenna, walk up to your car, “kick the car”, doors unlock ( or pop open with door poppers )

It would look funny to people not in the know

That’s not a bad idea… I hadn’t considered underside of the car

Personally I’m thinking door and trunk poppers and a tag embedded in a foam rubber sledge hammer. Walks up to car with sledge hammer, hits it and all doors and trunk fly open (best if we can do the hood too)

(For English speakers: The “trunk” is the boot and the “hood” is the bonnet.)

2 Likes