Can one of these chips start a car?

That sounds awesome! I need to do everything to this car, from floors to driveline. I was thinking about wiring the unlock censor on the ceiling above the drivers side door so I can just tap the roof to unlock, then tap it again on my way out to lock it. Im not worried about locking up while Im driving, I live in a pretty safe place.

Then, as far as starting and killing the engine, the engine hasn’t been installed yet (I still have aa llootttttt of shit to get done, I’m way ahead of myself here) I can start acquiring the tech I’ll need to install in the engine or the computer to make this all happen.

That’s what they all say,
If you lived in a city with a population of a million and only 1 murder a year, sounds pretty safe, till you’re the 1

Shrug

2 Likes

So it looks like I’ll need a LF module, an xEM, Arduino, pn532 reader, and a handful of relay modules?

The PN532 is a high frequency reader and the xEM is a low frequency transponder. Those two are not compatible.

While you can use both frequencies, one for each purpose, but I would suggest sticking to one of them as this would allow you to use one chip for both.

I should mention that DT sells a dual frequency implant that contains both an NTAG216 chip (same as the xNT) and a T5577 chip (same as the xEM). This could give you additional functionality. This implant is the NExT.

1 Like

Here is a worthwhile video to check out if you want to go down the Arduino path

You might want to test that before you commit to it. If the reader is on the inside, and the roof is sheet metal, then the reader might not be able to read the implant at all. You could either put the reader behind the window or windscreen, or something significantly more custom. For instance cut a small hole in the roof, put the reader in the hole, with a fibreglass patch. That would put the reader behind a fibreglass “window” which you should be able to paint over.

1 Like

I have seen this done in a video, but it was in the door inplace of the lock…wait one, it won’t take me long to find.

And here it is

The guy gets a chip implant at the end.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking about doing.

Great now imma watch a 1hr video :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I dont want to spoil it, so I will just say, it is one of the slightly more … “unique” installs I have seen.

As someone who does a lot of crafty / makery stuff I LOVE the absolute chaos of the fiberglassing part of the video. It’s an honest view of what the first time for anything new looks like!

1 Like

Well now I was some door pops too…

1 Like

Oh, yeah, totally, he’s a character to be sure and completely relatable.

To be clear, the install I was referring to, was the implant.
Which starts around the 1:00:25 mark

You guys are expensive friends to have

2 Likes

michael-scott-youre-welcome

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I figured that, LOL!

High level Gun friends are so much worse :joy:
The running joke is drugs would be cheaper
I’ve spent more on a single gun than all of my implants combined :sweat_smile:

I’m trying to justify 3-5k for nightvision

1 Like

Can you see in the dark without it ???