Can't unlock my XNT tag

I configured my xNT tag for windows unlocking using Rohos Logon key and it works perfect, but, i mistakenly setup Pin Code. I dont remember PIN and can’t unlock my TAG. I contacted with Rohos support and finded out i cant unlock TAG using the “logon key”.
What i can do? I have windows PC and ios 13, but don’t have android phone.

1 Like

@anon3825968 is probably your best chance for a rescue if it is possible.
He will see this message and be along at some stage…
Good luck

2 Likes

So you can’t read your xNT since you setup your pin in Rohos, is that it? That’s odd because as far as I know, the only way to lock yourself out of an NTAG216 is by setting a password and forgetting it. However, Rohos doesn’t work that way: it only messes with Mifare Classic sector keys, and reverts to UID-only if the chip isn’t a Mifare Classic.

Or are you saying you locked yourself out of the computer - i.e. Rohos won’t let you back in?

Another way to answer my question is: is the chip readable with a cellphone? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get access to the computer, TAG still works, but if i try to change settings of my TAG or connect to other pc (using Rohos logon key), then i need to enter PIN

I tried to wipe my TAG using NFC Tools, but Rohos logon key still requires a pincode for my xNT

Okay so the chip is intact. At least that’s something. I’m 99% sure Rohos associated the pin you gave it with your chip’s UID and stored it somewhere in the registry. You can wipe the chip as much as you want, the pin isn’t on it, so Rohos will never let you in.

Can you still login normally (with a password)? Did you set an emergency login question? If you can still login, wiping Rohos will clear the problem. If not, you have to find a way to boot up the computer from a rescue disk and edit the registry somehow. I’m not quite sure how, the last time I did anything like that with a Windows machine was under Win95.

2 Likes

I can log into Windows using the password without any problems, I will try to remove Rohos and see what happens. thanks for the answer

2 Likes

@anon3825968
You were absolutely right, the pincode was stored in the registry, the solution turned out to be very simple.
Thank you very much!

2 Likes

My pleasure :slight_smile:

2 Likes