Ahem… Embarrassingly, I found the post-it-sized user manual of the blue cloner at the bottom of the cardboard box. I thought it was a registration card or a QC certificate, so I didn’t even look at it. It has this on the front “page”:
☐ Support EM4100
☒ Support EM4100/HID/AWID
And at the back, it says:
Supported blank tag: T5577, EM4305
The instructions read as follows (text in original Chingrish for accuracy’s sake ):
How to clone
- Push power switch on the right of device, it will beep two or three times, and LED is on mean it works, it not re-start please.
- Put the mother card near the antenna left of the device, and then press READ button, the device will beep and the LED is on when read successful, if beep 2 times go to step 3, if beep 3 times go to step 4, click READ again if it doesn’t beep.
- Change an new blank card as T5577/EM4305, then press the WRITE button, when beep and PASS LED is on mean clone successful, if it doesn’t beep and light please write again.
- Change a blank T5577, then press WRITE button, when beep and PASS LED is on mean clone successful, if it doesn’t beep and light please write again.
- Repeat step 3 or step 4 if you want to make more same ID card.
- Switch off for save power.
So it can write to a EM4305 if the source is an EM (2 beeps). Interesting - and possibly useful, as I have a EM4305 implant.
It’s worth mentioning that on my device, the PASS LED lights up right after a successful read, not just after a successful write.