Cloning iClass 16k/16 card

Yeah. that’s good.
treat it like a prototype, just focus on getting it working first, the size/form factor can com later.
I already have a couple of ideas for you.
but if you can get a full size card for testing it will effectively remove range/coupling as a variable and you can focus on the important bit.

Two of my ideas, you wouldn’t need a PM3

• Can you get a spare card that is enrolled and working?

• Can you modify your current card.

if yes to either of these, and you know what form factor you would like, it would be super easy to turn a card into a fob or similar.

that’s a good start.

Do you have a ProxMark3?

if you are wanting a glass xSeries sized option, that will get much more tricky.

As for the cloning, iClass is not my strong suit.
I would be referencing the following

Cloning an HID iClass credential to your flexClass

Also I would be asking the following for assistance if I got stuck (the authors of the above links)

@philidelphiaChickens @NinjuhhNutz @NiamhAstra

Out of their own necessity, they have all done the research and experimentation.

@NiamhAstra actually developed the FlexClass with Amal and he may be able to direct you to chip / card sources :man_shrugging:

Have you read the card and seen how much data is actually been used or how much is free?

I know there was going to be a batch of the 16kb FlexClass made, so down the track, this may be your option.

I’m not sure of the cost of the chips themselves, but if you do decide to implant one inside you, you are paying for the proven safety of the implant and the guarantee that comes with it.

Not a great answer, but I hope you can at least pull something of use out of it.

1 Like