Compatibility question - anything work with ISO 15693?

Are any of the implants offered by DT compatible with “The e*Tag® ISO Card (ETCI) meets CR80 and ISO 7810.”

It’s this card: https://securakey.com/catalog-access-control/catalog-ac-cards/catalog-access-controls-cards-technology-contactless/

I haven’t seen this standard around very much… It is 13.56mhz.

Thanks guys!

Let me Google that for you

ISO/IEC 7810 Identification cards — Physical characteristics is an international standard that defines the physical characteristics for identification cards.

So, I was looking at putting together a Wiki around standards etc related to implants, I didn’t come across any ISO 7810.
To check for you I went to DT website and used the search function for something I know is there ISO15693 and got a whole bunch of results.
And then I searched ISO7810 and got nothing, I am afraid.
I double checked on the product matrix and came up empty.

I would suggest you contact DangerousThings Directly using their help button ( Floating HELP button, bottom right on the https://dangerousthings.com/)

I’m not saying they will have a solution for you ( There is sooo much different Technology out there, DT can’t cover it all) but I’m sure they will be at least able to give you an answer.
Good luck

Let me restate it then: ISO 7810 is a standard for the physical characterics of identification cards. It gives you information about CARD sizes, materials properties etc.

The question makes no sense because it has nothing to do with implants, and it doesn’t take more than 20 seconds of googling to figure it out.

I guess I should have followed your links @anon3825968 or read your comments more clearly … Oh well…let’s move on and try and help you out @Lockless.

Your question

So, unless somebody else is familiar with this system, we would likely need a bit more info from you.

Your system claims “Secura Key enhanced DES encryption, using 64-bit diversified keys”
This could be some proprietary stuff, OR it could be something on the market rebranded.
Your link was helpful, Is there anything else that you can provide us so we can help you out.
Could you scan a card / tag withTagInfo or similar, and post your results ( Blur or scramble the UID for security ) Just let us know how many characters.
Can you take a photo of a reader or more if there are multiple types.
Potentially if you think the sysadmin would be amenable, approach and ask them for some
more details.

Let us know how you get on

Seems like these

http://www.fastrfid.com/securakey/ETAG_Cards_Tags_6771.pdf

1 Like

Ah Hah! Good Find @CanuckCold ( I followed YOUR link :wink: )
ISO 15693
SO @Lockless, it looks like @CanuckCold might have found you a POSSIBLE solution.
The Original Spark used / uses ISO 15693 - The Spark 2 uses ISO14443A ( One of the biggest differences between the two Sparks )

You still have a couple of “hoops to jump through”

As they are no longer listed on the DT Webstore, what you will need to do is contact DT how I suggested above, and ask if they still have the OG Sparks on the shelf (My guess is they do)
Mention to @amal what you are trying to do and send him to this thread or the link @CanuckCold provided, Amal will have a better idea if he thinks it will be compatable.
At the moment we know, 13.56MHz and ISO 15693, but there are more considerations that amal should be able to answer for you. He knows these devices inside and out
ie.
DES encrypted access control data, with 64-bit
diversified keys.
• Any existing card data format up to 64 bits can be
factory programmed.
• Available in 2k bit or 10k bit configurations.
• 10k bit configuration allows storage of biometric
templates and multiple user applications

I don’t know, but hopefully Amal may have a TEST original spark or card version that you might be able to buy / borrow, But that would depend on your discussions with him, if he has any or if it is possible.

Then your next, and biggest hurdle is, convincing your System administrator to allow you to enroll your Spark.

Hope this helps, and I hope it works out for you

Thanks guys! II really appreciate the help, and the patience for newbie blundering around.

'm probably only going to need access to this space for a couple of months, so I’m going to schmooze the management first and see how far the direct approach gets me. If it turns out to be longer, and the reader isn’t compatible with my current chips, I’ll have to tweak my implant plans.

Sorry for the initial confusion, providing the wrong standard info…

If anyone is curious, I thought I’d post pics of the reader. It looks a bit dated, but is sealed up surprisingly tight.

1 Like

@Lockless the reader is compliant with ISO 15693. MiFare compliant. From some of the info on picking through looks like it might be a DES card.

Here is the manual for the ET4-WXS

I really hope you just wandered up to the reader and yolo’d it off the wall without telling anyone cause that version is much more amusing in my head.

1 Like

I was wondering something similar

Hopefully the tamper alarm wasn’t hooked up ( They usually aren’t )
Not the best way to make an impression, unless you say, I am just testing security…and there is you “in” to get you implant access sorted

You’re not far off… Lol

I stopped by for the first time after hours and was supposed to have access, but the card they gave me didn’t work. (That prompted me more than anything to want to be able to use one of my implants in the future.) But, I was locked out, in an empty office building, so I looked at the system a little more… thoroughly.

No harm, no foul. I considered a tamper alarm, but I was there legitimately and waiting for a text back from management anyway… And it is not a high security building by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks again everyone!

:wink:

No worries,
I haven’t seen one of those readers before in real life or on this forum.
The manual @MouSkxy found for you says “ISO 15693 and 14443A Compliant” So that is interesting.
There may be some more options for you

Have you had a chance to read your card with TagInfo yet?

ha! on the rare occasion those tamper alarms are hooked up they are shockingly easy to bypass.

Also says it is Wiegand, so he can start sniffing his workmates access profiles with an ESPKey, for when HIS card doesn’t work
( DONT DO THAT )

2 Likes

Now you are just being a bad influence lol

3 Likes

I endorse this usage

Lol, it’s all fun and games till HR calls you. Just explain to them internal pentest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately this would not be as simple as “let’s enrol a card” if I understand the card correctly. As it uses diversified DES keys there’s both key derivation data and a master key (for diversification). Now the length of those keys is pitiful and I suspect an attack would be possible to brute-force the key.

EDIT: These appear to be a generic smart card based on an Infineon chip (or a TI chip, but in this case this is just user-readable data and I suspect no encryption goes on), and as such the DES would be encoded in that chip. If the reader was also ISO14443A compliant, we could certainly investigate writing an applet for a smartcard to emulate this.

There’s also a 64-bit UID on that card, which may be all the access system uses. Now, if you happened to have a spare, I’d love to get a look at it.

1 Like

@fraggersparks You’re awesome :nerd_face: