COVID certificate and other large NDEFs

Technically, all that is discussed in this thread is not only possible, it’s also completely trivial. The problem is relying on powers to decide that it’s a good enough idea to implement it nationwide or worldwide, enact it into law and turn it into a working infrastructure.

As of today, no nation has decided that implantable national IDs are a good idea - for obvious reasons - so no nation’s police, public service or hospital will accept one that you made yourself, even if it’s valid, for lack of the necessary scanning equipment or for lack of trust in your homemade ID.

1 Like

for now i have just uploaded my certificate to my google drive a a photo of my valid drivers licence put the url on my next and instead of having to wip out the printed copy or my wallet I just scan my neXt with my phone it theb pull up my certificate qr code and my Licance at far it seems to be accepted have not had issues yet makes it quick to present rather then haveing to search my phone for the Doc

Looks like you shook them into action eventually:

Well done :slight_smile:

Next step: get the Finnish national authorities to enable this in the national app. If you live in another EU country and you want this too, do some sleuthing to figure out who is in charge of deciding this and contact them to plead your case.

5 Likes

Also well done Rosco, published contributor to the EU covid scanner app!

5 Likes

Soo… We are getting the national apps recognizing the certs from chips?

1 Like

thanks Rosco, I will try to forward the request also for the Italian app :heart_eyes:

1 Like