Cyberise NFCxLED

That would be great and I absolutely agree :+1: from a pure curiosity point of view.
BUT
From Amals, that would probably be the worst thing to do… just imagine; he would spend more time answering questions than progressing the actual projects

9 Likes

Reviving this very old thread to say that I finally did the responsible thing and got this implant removed. I replaced it with an xSIID, don’t worry :slight_smile:

I figured that @amal might be interested in seeing the chip, so I held onto it and took a pic:

Reckon this one was safer than the sample you got, or did I do the right thing removing it?

5 Likes

Wow. I know I’ve seen it before but that thing is jank as fuck.

4 Likes

lol :man_facepalming:

Well, it survived 2 years of rock climbing and surfing. Glad it’s out.

1 Like

So if I was to try and define all the jank I see,

1. Poorly melted / sealed end of glass (blob on right hand end).
  2. No Epoxy / Potting material.
  3. Copper coil not uniformly wound, or secured to ferrite core ( I mean diameter conformity).

Did I miss something? Just think it’s good to know what exactly constitutes “jank” so I can avoid it.

2 Likes

Amal mentioned it above, but there’s also a biofouling risk involved with the glass bulb on the end.

He also mentioned that along with there being no resin/epoxy, the glass is also very thin-walled. That is obviously a very bad combo.

Jank af for sure.

2 Likes

The only other thing is mention is the excessive length… it causes leverage issues that put unnecessary pressure on the glass in impact scenarios.

3 Likes

Nice photos though…

2 Likes

Literally made me spit my drink all over,

Reading all the technical reasons it’s jank af

And then the… “well the photos nice at least…”

1 Like