Cyborg Chopsticks

Not sure how they will load, but there is a pic of my bios, and grub and stuff.

I don’t see any grub up there only your BIOS’s boot menu. This is what grub looks like:

I suppose it’s possible your bios has an integrated grub-based boot loader but I don’t think that’s your issue. I think your Ubuntu install is just corrupted and needs reinstalled.

I can get to that screen if I manually choose the efi from the computer, or I could a few hours ago at least, but it doesn’t help me anyways.

I set up encryption, and somehow my password doesn’t work anymore. So when I go to boot a recovery mode one, I can’t unencrypt my hard drive.

I agree it needs to be reinstalled. That is the issue I have been dealing with. I can’t boot it from a drive, or mount it from grub commands. Hence why after tonight, I will either have a working computer, or a very, very
therapeutic
stress relief session.

1_LgvCbIYcm4pfaDODz-OlaQ

Edit:Or a few days, I did pay for this, so I would like it to work. 1 week is my tops.

16.4.2020 Edit: In order to keep this thread on track, I will update here. I am going to be fine, and I won’t have the chance to smash my computer. New OS is (finally) installing now, @anon3825968, I am hopefully going to be able to use your program soon.

Find a machinist and bribe him for use of his lathe and machine these suckers out of stainless. You could even mill out the channels in the side and the slots for tritium

Okay if you actually can get to grub then you can change the boot parameters to something that would work because that’s the real issue. That’s what that error screen means at least. I’m willing to bet you have to update grub to deal with the encryption properly. That doesn’t make much sense to be honest, but I would start by looking at the grub configuration. However, if you can’t get to that anymore you’re boned.

1 Like

If I have to use resin, I can get my electronics in it, then set it in the resin and polish it clear when it sets. I think having it glow out the back would be great.

A combination of stainless with resin cut through and visible electronics would loose awesome!

1 Like

If it was me I would go with the original idea of Tritium although I may be biased, something about radioactive stuff is just super awesome to me.

Anyway I would get or make a rod like this:

Then turn it on the lathe into a chopstick. Maybe use some silver or copper wire to do a coil around part of it for visual effect and hand feel.

3 Likes

I agree that would look great! I am still hopeful about obtaining tritium, but at the end of the day I doubt I will use it. Lurking over some forums last night and looking for tritium for sale, I am unable to find long one’s like that, so I doubt they are in my price range.

I also wonder about using plastics instead of metal. Using silver would make them “self cleaning” as long as I wash the outside off with water. Not sure about the cast plastic.

This is a good point, may be no need in trying to hide my wiring, it may make it easier if I intentionally show it.