Dangerous Things Magic Ring is now a thing!

Welp, you tricked me

Sign me up

4 Likes

Damnit… shipping costs more than the damned ring!

I hate you DHL :unamused:

1 Like

totalled out to 60 british pounds including shipping for me.

Is it like a Next implant from a technology point of view?

no it’s like a xM1 and xEM

1 Like

This :arrow_double_up: and also this :arrow_double_down:
FlexMT.
The difference being the form factor obviously and the Ring has gen2 magic chip the FlexMT and xM1 are gen1a.

Read here for more info

Great videos also Amal, Thanks for those, they will be a great resource, and o ly 15mins for the two of them combined, but they all go towards

2 Likes

My precious…

11 Likes

One ring to rule them all.

6 Likes

I´ve had think about the xM1 in the past and try to understand which advantage the implant has over the ring. Or does it makes sense to use the ring instead. I mean there is the difference of the chip gen ! and 2). Can anyone bring some light in it?

The Ring is gen2 the xM1 is gen1a

Here is a video

The advantage would depend on your use case.
The ring is cheaper.
The ring can be written to with a phone.
The ring can be bricked (gen2).
The ring can be lost.
The ring isn’t an implant.

Personally I want the Ring as an xSeries implant
:next:

1 Like

What does that mean?
As I remember, the Gen1a has some advantages but don´t remember exactly what is was unfortunately.
Does the ring has a changeable ID?

Yes the UID is changeable.

Gen 1 uses a special instruction set to allow you to modify the normally unwritable sections. It can be detected by trying one of those commands.

Gen 2 is just writable everywhere using normal commands so it can’t be detected. It can however have invalid settings written to it.

The sizes on the site are us sizes?

Yes

And the rings are fairly wide (about 26 point, a little over 2 pica, 9 mm, ⅜ inches) so you will want to take that into account.

@zwack kindly summarised it in a nutshell, here is a little more in depth look, the same one I linked for you above

1 Like

Importantly, the “backdoor command” as it’s called allows you to write to any memory block, regardless of access bit settings or keys.

3 Likes

thought this might be a good place for this

3 Likes

Just bumping this thread back to life for a second.
Has anyone in the EU bought one of the rings? and can they give me a rough estimate, of how much they paid with fees, VAT and so on? I’m intrested in one of the rings and the price for the ring itself is reasonable, but I don’t like not roughly knowing how much it’ll be in total.

I still have an xm1 that I bought from Ksec labs over a year ago. I will get that installed but I’m in Denmark and it turned out it’s illegal for piercers to make such an installation here. The nearest install partner that can do it legally is Digiwell in Germany. That’s almost a 300 km. drive, so that’ll have to wait until next year.