(*****) :logo_dt_circle: Dangerous Things - MF1k Smart Nail - CUSTOM WORK

CUSTOM WORK

(JAKCOM N2 Smart Nail)

JAKCOM N2 Smart Nail Simulat IC Card Connect Phone Flash LED Smart Manicure New Smart Wearable Gadget N2M N2F N2L 3types in 1set (N2F)

INTRODUCTION

A number of years ago I bought 3 “NFC things” that were made by the same company (Jakom)

• Smart nail N2M = M ifare S50
    A Smart Nail IC (MF1k)

• Smart nail N2F = NF C
    A Smart Nail NFC (NTAG213)

• Smart nail N2L = L ED
    A Smart nail LED ( as seen in some of the prototypes DT have produced )

You wouldn’t think it looking at the size, but these are great little performers, and the range is very surprising.

1. I’m not a blinky boy, and the nail sticker have proven to be not the most robust as an implantable, so the LED was out.
  2. The NTAG213, is a great little device, but it’s a 213, so it’s a step down with regards to the DT NTAG216 stock implants ( xNT, NExT, FlexNT etc.)
  3. The MF1k, Okay, so now we are talking… THAT is what I had the Custom work done with

WHY GET THIS DONE?

The DT range of products covers a large chunk of the RFID access card market, but sometimes, you just can find the product that will suit your needs.

I already have a FlexM1 gen2, And I L :heart_eyes: VE it, I was considering getting a FlexM1 gen1a also, but DT are currently out of stock (as at 19/11/23) until the antenna redesign is complete; Could I have waited for the new version, YEP sure, BUT, I really like the performance of this tiny MF1k cute little button, and it will give me some other install options, that I wouldn’t have with a longer implant.

Plus I get to share this experience with you guys, and hopefully you have your own and better ideas to share and bring to reality.

Who knows, YOUR idea :bulb:might become the next product in the DT store, and you will know that your’s was the first and the inspiration.
Look at the FlexClass for example, that is a great community member development project.

DETAILS OF MY CUSTOM WORK

This is how they are were sold ( good luck finding them, but if you do, please share here )

With the original design being made to glue under false nails, but obviously, we want out RFID “things” under our skin.

CLOSE UP

It appears to have a very thin plastic shell, covering the chip and antenna.

THE PROCESS

RANGE TEST ( Is it viable? ) SPOILER: YES, IT SURE IS

ENCAPSULATE

DIMENSION

CUT & STERILIZE

TESTING INCLUDING READ RANGES

In Vivo testing to be done once I have it “in hand”

TEARDOWN
I have the NTAG213 version that I may pull apart to reveal the Black magic that allows such great performance out of something so small…Or I may just send it to Amal, if he or somebody else wants it…

PROs
• Pro of the Custom work is: You get what you want

• Pro of the form factor of this implant: I am running out of real-estate on my hands and need to plan for that with different form factors

• PRICE: Well priced for custom work; Time, Materials, pre and post preparation, sterilization, packaging, postage etc.

• I was also impressed with the turn around time, Once Amal started on it, until he finished was very quick. Just bear in mind, that he’s a busy guy, so this will depend on his other commitments.
Infact, I held him up, by not providing the shipping details sooner

• It was my project that Amal facilitated, so without him, I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS

CONs

• If I had to find one thing, the maximum Z height of encapsulation is 4mm (I think), but infact, that’s probably a good thing…SO…
  • None

PRICE
USD$ Project dependent

SUMMARY:

Super happy, super impressed with the service, I got exactly what I wanted and couldn’t have doe it if this service didn’t exist

LINKS AND RESOURCES

POLL

Rating by the community :robot:

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE ONE OR HAVE USED ONE

:star: = :poop:

:star::star: = :pleading_face:

:star::star::star: = :neutral_face:

:star::star::star::star: = :grin:

:star::star::star::star::star: = :trophy:

CUSTOM WORK 1-5 :star:
0 voters
6 Likes

I did find a different / newer version

I like the design

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Smart-Business-Connection-Flash-Analogue/dp/B07HSHGW7N?th=1

More expensive than the original that I found at around USD$25 vs USD$8

I don’t have one, so I can’t confirm the performance; But It looks like a viable custom work product to me

2 Likes

Really looking forward to hearing how this works in vivo.

From my experience Mifare 1k readers on hotel doors are some of the shittiest readers on the planet, so will be curious to see how this fairs against a flex for read range on cheap readers like those.

4 Likes

I use my gen2 for that normally, and I’ve had a really good succes rate, but I indeed will be trying my new one when it arrives and I’ll update this thread.

2 Likes

They used to be here
NFC LED nail stickers (pack of 5) - White not sure if they will come back in stock.

WNSC NFC Nail Sticker, Self Adhesive 7 Colors NFC Lighting Nail Stickers Fashionable for Girls for Bus Card

7pcs NFC Lighting Nail Art Stickers, Smart Nail Chip Built In, Self Adhesive Intelligent Nail Stickers Manicure Decorations, Nail Art Sticker Decor Chip https://a.co/d/aZfiTP3

I’ll update how well these work outside and inside of acrylic when they arrive. It seems like there are a few brands on Amazon now.

If you are considering these for a custom implant, I doubt Amal will do it due to past experience with these.
They are simply too fragile.
They work for a bit in vivo, but unfortunately
they inevitably fail.

You could still ask, but if he does do it, i would suggest that he will have some clauses and a very limited warranty, if any.

They would need some support to protect the chip and antenna

I’ve got a brew approach there could be tried… would require some interested test subjects.

4 Likes

Wow, it’s been 2 mins and no takers

:open_mouth:

YET

2 Likes

I volunteer for whatever Amal wants to stick in me

7 Likes

Kenneth Williams Ooh Matron GIFs | Tenor

10 Likes

Is it too late to volunteer?

3 Likes

I’d volunteer for this as long as it’s from Dangerous Things:

3 Likes

This thread took a decided turn :joy: I assume these chips are probably garbage but I was going to test them with out by attaching them into some random objects with acrylic. If it works well, I’ll throw one on top of one of my acrylic nails. :nail_care:

What kind of Mad Scientist ideas does Amal have? Curious now.

3 Likes

That should work great actually. It’s what these are designed for.

3 Likes

I like Amals things in me

4 Likes

Here they are

6 Likes