Door entry button pusher

Hi - Not quite sure where to post this but I thought I would share this as it has solved my problem and I’ve not seen anyone else do it. . .I don’t think this has been posted before in another subject.
Required: Access Control module (Dangerous Things)
Solenoid - 5Nm
Box

Hopefuly the pictures speak for themselves.

8 Likes

Cool Idea.
And all the gubbins “hidden” inside your cupboard of safety
:rescue_worker_helmet: :fire_extinguisher: :adhesive_bandage:

Perfect place, and If you had time, a quick schematic and or photo of the wiring would be great for others coming to the project category.

Amals xEM xAC video explains the wiring of the board.
So maybe just how you introduced the solenoid, what and how it triggers, and how you mounted the antenna in the “ding-dong” switch

1 Like

Sorry - I had not seen this for a while. I am on holiday so don’t have direct access to the device. Anyway - The door system we have also has a “car opener” type thing. I rigged a thing up so the solenoid pushes the putton on the remote opener.
Let me try to find pics later.

1 Like

I look forward to it

The antenna was just placed in a plastic box. Also the one for the main entrance of our building. It was all purchased through Dangerous Things - (I’ve a back up one just in case . . .)
The Dangerous Things thing only activated a solenoid which presses a button inside a box that would normally open my door. Similar to a car key fob. You just need some precision and estimated force on how to press that button. It is inside so there is no security risk ulness you can activate that solenoid.

Maybe these . . .

2 Likes

Great solution.
I love it.
Thanks for the pics