DSRuptive BeUno open beta (EU only)

Perfect opportunity to learn some real units of measurement

5 Likes

Note that the Android app can sync the temperature measures to Google Fit, where the data is only shown in Fahrenheit :roll_eyes:.

I have submitted a feature request for Google Fit to have the choice in temperature units, just like the other metrics (weight, height, energy, distance,…).

Signed myself up for the beta :slight_smile:
Is there any technical info on how the temperature readout works?
Could I just strap an Arduino to myself to generate a temperature log?
Or are they being secretive and proprietary about it?

you will get a special app for your phone to read your chip (Android and iPhone) It saves yur temperature.

Yes, but I wonder if the app is strictly necessary? I would like to be able to extract the data with some kind of homebrew solution. I don’t like being locked in to an ecosystem.

Somebody on this forum from the same country as you :wink: has also expressed privacy concerns about the BeUno app.

I don’t know if it’s possible to scan the implant outside their app.

I tried several NFC tools, like TagInfo for instance, but none of the returned fields contained anything close to the measured temperature.

Note it also works as a NDEF storage, allowing the user to store medical information, emergency contacts, information about the user, link to websites or other free text. And also store a COVID certificate (under the text format HC1:…)

2 Likes

Is my German-ness so obvious, lol?

I think I might just get one shoved in me anyway. Worst case I will have to buy a proxmark.

My theory is, that they might be relying on some kind of NFC <-> I2C bridge thing. The XSIID contains one. Might be a fun reverse engineering task.

Ein bisschen! :wink:

1 Like

is the app public somewhere? Can I have the .apk?

I got the link, after I got the BeUno implanted.

1 Like

For those interested, when they were doing the closed beta, which was also supposedly EU only, I emailed them and they said that as long as I was able to provide information regarding a trusted installer, that they would send the product even though I’m based in the US

3 Likes

@SnarkBe @JennyMcLane
Where did you implant your BeUno? To get a more or less accurate temperature reading, i would assume that it would have to be located in/near the armpit or somewhere comparable, but then accessing it would be a bit more complicated. Is is viable to put it on your chest and still get a usable temperature?

1 Like

It’s indeed in the chest, on the left side. I get usable temperature data from it. It’s usually around 37,4°C.

If you want a temperature from the armpit, you need to implant a xBT but you need then the specific reader. The BeUno is interesting as it can be read by any smartphone with NFC.

1 Like

Hey is there any chance you could scan the implant with tag info and tell us what tag it presents as I.e. an ntag i2c ect

I might take a shot as getting them to send to my installer… can’t hurt right?

Hmm scratch that… 260 USD is a lot to throw at a thermometer at the moment… I might have been more willing if my car didn’t just decide it wanted to visit a mechanic

2 Likes

It shows temperatures in Kelvin? Is there any other unit of measurement for temperature?

Rankine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i have it over the right breast. Temperature is during the day a little bit different. Between 36.9 - 37.4

i have the xBT in the upperarm and over the keft breast. I have there the most time: arm: 31-32 and breast 33-34

works also through my shirt. This picture was taking short after install.

1 Like

I had already subscribed to their beta a few weeks ago, I really hope to be able to have one :star_struck: